The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

V

Vivek

Friends,

Thank you very much for your kind wishes! Greatly appreciate each and every one of your posts. :salute:

The bypass failed but a few stents appear to be holding (and also possibly salvaged one of the bypass grafts as well) and keeping me going.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vivek-iyer/25906317056/

Everything was too sudden. 4 days to surgery from an EKG and all that. I witnessed nothing but a miracle in the recovery room in the way my "neighbors" acted (all recovering from bypass and such themselves) towards me. It was simply overwhelming.

Again, thank you friends! :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Friends,

Thank you very much for your kind wishes! Greatly appreciate each and every one of your posts. :salute:

The bypass failed but a few stents appear to be holding (and also possibly salvaged one of the bypass grafts as well) and keeping me going.

Everything was too sudden. 4 days to surgery from an EKG and all that. I witnessed nothing but a miracle in the recovery room in the way my "neighbors" acted (all recovering from bypass and such themselves) towards me. It was simply overwhelming.

We have missed you here and have been awaiting a report from you. I'm deeply sad that all did not go well, and that you have been through so much. Please know that I hope that the Doctors can get your problems sorted and can get you on the road to a complete recovery.

ashwinrao1

Vivek, I am just finding out about your health issue. Sending my thoughts your way. Get well soon, and I look forward to hearing that you are up on your feet again, RX1R2 in hand on the street...

gurtch

Friends,

I don't know you; we have never met, but I feel like we are old friends from your posts, good humor, and encouraging words to me and my photos. Get well soon my friend.
Dave in NJ

Vivek, your news isn't as good as I wanted it to be, though it looks like you've achieved some degree off improvement that can keep you going. We'll want more news from you as things change, I hope much for the better.

In the meantime, a bit of entertainment: my first three shots with newly-arrived RX1rII:

VictorianLady&Nudes.jpg

ArtDecoDoor.jpg

PrayingMannequin.jpg

All are at f2, with fine center sharpness and colors that needed little or no adjustment. I did, however, see quite a bit of CA in images where a light source appeared within the frame. None are sharpened.

They were taken at a building materials recycling location that has also accumulated miscellany ranging from artwork to furniture to electronics to pure kitsch. It's appropriately called 'Urban Ore,' and is full of things that would make good stage sets.

I'm thinking of putting the second and third in my collection/portfolio of "Other People's Art.'

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Not sure if I should post it here or over in the "slow day here" thread! :p :)

I snapped it a few days ago when I ventured out for a short walk.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague