The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

I went to a lovely Pierre Bonnard exhibit yesterday and saw so much of THIS:

Kirk

iPhoneBonnard.jpg

So many people go to museums now and don't stop long enough in front of a painting to take a good look at it – they just take a snapshot to take home. In a weird way they 'aren't even there' – instead, their phone or camera is there in their place.

The worst instance I've seen was an exhibition of Dale Chihuly's glass sculpture. A number of people walked into the room, took one flash picture, and went a way having 'seen' what they came for. But first, with flash they'd have only a record of some bright reflections; and second, you can't see Chihuly's sculpture from just one angle – to only opens up its complexity when you see it in the round.

I'm sorry this is more a rant than a photograph, but the way secondary or tertiary electronic experiences have taken the place of primary ones is hard for me to understand.

(And also please excuse me for adding one more layer of picture of picture of picture, to the situation. :grin:)

Here's the good ol' ranch-barn-gate cliche, times three. My own preference is the last and simplest one.

Pierce Point Ranch, Point Reyes National Seashore.

Kirk

PierceRanchBetweenTrees.jpg

PierceRanchGate.jpg

PierceRanchPost.jpg

Posted this on FM, but thought I would share here.
A few images from Maui with the Sony Rx1rii.
Lots of rain and wind so had to improvise.
Some shots at iso 6400, f/2, f/22 and so on.
Bottom line is I really enjoy using this camera.

V

Vivek

Cindy, Thanks for your kind words! The light and the subject makes that frame. No doubt, the camera is a joy to use as Joe and Kirk and others keep saying and showing. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, The Hague

Awesome, Joe! Keep them coming! :)

The Ute

Do any of you RX1R II owners know where I can purchase the round rubber eye cup that attaches to the popup viewfinder ?

Thanks in advance.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Do any of you RX1R II owners know where I can purchase the round rubber eye cup that attaches to the popup viewfinder ?

Thanks in advance.
It says on the Sony.com site that replacement parts are now being handled by Encompass Parts and Union Electronics. I put the model number in both of their search engines, but nothing came up. I think you would have to call. I'm sure a third party will be cloning that part sooner or later.

The Ute

It says on the Sony.com site that replacement parts are now being handled by Encompass Parts and Union Electronics. I put the model number in both of their search engines, but nothing came up. I think you would have to call. I'm sure a third party will be cloning that part sooner or later.

Thanks so much Cindy. I will give them a call. :)

Pradeep

Just got back from Botswana. This lion pride had finished a large meal of red lechwe and needed to cool off. The mother and then the cubs came and lay down in the shade of our vehicle. I was on the opposite (left) side. Being in an open car and wary of making any sudden or large moves, I slowly leaned over to my right side, pointing my Rx2 over the arm rail of the seat and took this shot of one of the cubs playing with the mother. They were less than five feet from me. I cropped out a portion of the car seat from the bottom. Had to adjust the shadows and highlights quite a bit since the light was very harsh. This image would not have been possible with my SLR given the heft and lack of a tiltable screen as I could not show my head over the side of the vehicle.

GDPI_01.jpg