The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

Pradeep

Vivek, this one clearly has a much shallower DOF than the monochrome one you posted earlier. Do you change the f-stop as you see a potential subject or simply leave it wide open all the time? Of course it also depends upon the distance to the subject I suppose.

V

Vivek

Pradeep, Yes. Magnification factor, f stop (f/2.5 in that case), a slight motion blur (she took a hit in the middle of the road and everyone could see the effects immediately :bugeyes: ) contribute.

This one from a difficult neighborhood (f/3.2) but sharper.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Pradeep

Pradeep, Yes. Magnification factor, f stop (f/2.5 in that case), a slight motion blur (she took a hit in the middle of the road and everyone could see the effects immediately :bugeyes: ) contribute.

This one from a difficult neighborhood (f/3.2) but sharper.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
This guy looks dangerous to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Hamilton Harbor, Bermuda

RX1Rm2, f/5.6, 1/320, iso100
Ah, Bermuda, beautiful. What a lovely place it is.

ohnri

It appears that the price of the Rx1r2 has recently skyrocketed.

The same sites that eagerly promote every $5 sale on any Sony item as if it is breaking world news appear to have chosen not to publicize this enormous increase.

I don't recall any increase of this magnitude on any other camera nor do I recall anything like this just being slipped by.

It was not all that long ago I left the Leica fold as I watched prices going up and up without end or apparent regard to "value". Now, I wonder if I am seeing a repeat of those corporate choices with Sony.

Of course, camera companies are not making life saving drugs or items of that sort and have the right to charge as they please. I am only one consumer and my ability to vote with my few dollars will not change anyone's bottom line.

But, I am disappointed. I think I will build a nice PC and play with some VR goggles rather than send any money towards my Sony cameras for awhile.

Of course, Sony is about to launch some VR goggles for my PlayStation 4 ...

-Bill

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

The same sites that eagerly promote every $5 sale on any Sony item as if it is breaking world news appear to have chosen not to publicize this enormous increase.

I don't recall any increase of this magnitude on any other camera nor do I recall anything like this just being slipped by.

It was not all that long ago I left the Leica fold as I watched prices going up and up without end or apparent regard to "value". Now, I wonder if I am seeing a repeat of those corporate choices with Sony.

Of course, camera companies are not making life saving drugs or items of that sort and have the right to charge as they please. I am only one consumer and my ability to vote with my few dollars will not change anyone's bottom line.

But, I am disappointed. I think I will build a nice PC and play with some VR goggles rather than send any money towards my Sony cameras for awhile.

-Bill
Responding to the Q ....

Not pretty as it was a marginal increase in pixels without much added value ... oh a bit faster AF ....

Price it till they say no ...

Bob

V

Vivek

-Bill
I posted about this increase here but that thread was doggedly stalked and derailed by an :cussing: here.

I am with you on pausing any new sony purchase.

peterv

I've always thought the price increase had everything to do with the shortage of sensors due to the earthquake, supply and demand.

No big bad Sony/Leica in my book anyway, both companies make really good stuff that I like to use.