The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

popcan

-

I finally got a chance to test out my R2 - first sunny/dry day in a long time!

Here's a couple of my grandson while he was getting the hang of his "glide bike", and a low light test of our new stacker/reclaimer at work.

I think I should have stopped down more while using the auto tracking on my grandson - seems I missed focus just a bit, but was shooting wide open in an effort to minimize the busy background...

Suggestions on technique? I feel like the auto focus point is shooting low, and maybe I should aim high to compensate, but that doesn't seem right to have to do that.

The night shot was hand held at 6400 ISO.

mav bike-11.jpgmav bike-14.jpgstacker 45.jpg

V

Vivek

Continuous capture (3-4 frames /s? Took a while for the buffer to clear in RAW+jpg). Some social page photoshoot.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Rotterdam

tofa

Popcan, I haven't experienced the focus point being off, but I'll be on the look out for it. I'm also trying to get the hang of tracking, but I'm still pretty ignorant about the camera. For example, I had it set up with face detect and flexible spot; face detect doesn't work with flexible spot...still learning. A few that came out, probably because I was stopped down a bit:

And a few that didn't depend on tracking/AF so much:

popcan

Popcan, I haven't experienced the focus point being off, but I'll be on the look out for it. I'm also trying to get the hang of tracking, but I'm still pretty ignorant about the camera. For example, I had it set up with face detect and flexible spot; face detect doesn't work with flexible spot...still learning. A few that came out, probably because I was stopped down
Those shots look pretty good to me... but ya, it's a learning curve to get the most out of this camera.

seb

Popcan, I haven't experienced the focus point being off, but I'll be on the look out for it. I'm also trying to get the hang of tracking, but I'm still pretty ignorant about the camera. For example, I had it set up with face detect and flexible spot; face detect doesn't work with flexible spot...still learning. ...
Set eye-AF to a custom button (e.g. ael button). it works as face detection when it does not find an eye close enough. push and hold it. It should focus on the face next to the spot. thanks to af-c and lock-on af-mode the face will be tracked. If it does not recognize a face nothing happens.