The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the RX-1R II

dandrewk

Congrats Vivek! Welcome to the "wait" club. I've set my delivery to be held at the local UPS depot, so I have about 16 hours left until it opens. It still seems like a long time.

With things like this, I have less patience than a child on Christmas Eve.

What put you over the top in pulling the trigger?

V

Vivek

It is fair to say that a lot of adjustment is required with the handling of the camera and processing its files.* Going from an A7s to RX1R II isn't going to be easy at all. I like the manual focus- it is just awesome. AF works well in the center. :LOL: Tilt LCD is great. Looked at the EVF. It isn't bad.

Here is a snap on the way back from the camera shop (I did take a charged battery which ran out after a few snaps. It is cold, misty/foggy and windy).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.2, 1/320s, ISO3200, LPF set to std

* File processing is not going to be easy, especially to someone like me who does not relish PP.

Lucille

Here is my entry into this thread:

RX1R MII, 35mm Zeiss f/2, magic....

Crap, I don't own one yet.........

JCT

Enjoy, Vivek - it is really a fantastic carry-anywhere camera.

My Rx1rM2 arrives later today!

JT

Brian Mosley

It's been forever since I've submitted a pic..... Can I just drag and drop here?
Stephen, when you click Reply to thread, beneath the 'Your Message' section, in the 'Additional Options' section there's a "Manage Attachments" button - click that and then the "Add files" button top right - browse to the image you want to upload and click "Upload".

Once your image has uploaded, click on the "Insert Inline" at the bottom right to insert your image.

Hope that's not too cryptic!

Good luck

Brian

dandrewk

Here are a few shots, quickly post processed, taken at a street fair immediately after picking up the camera. When I say "post processed", they hardly needed any. Right out of the camera, the images are pretty darn good!

All images shot RAW with LPF set to standard.

ISO 100, 1/1250 @ f/5.6:

ISO 250, 1/200 @ f/8.0:

ISO 100, 1/320 @ f/5.6:

ISO 1600, 1/500 @f/8.0

jim251

RX1Rm2 @ f/2

A good day today... My RX1Rm2 arrived late this pm and it is definitely a winner. All the ergo/usability issues I had with the RX1r are now gone (!!) and the speedy and precise AF system is like a dream come true after using the original. During the last year I came to believe that Sony would make the RX1 a one-off camera and just let it die in the wake of the A7 series. Now boom they reconfig the body and pack it with a7rm2 tech. I'm just amazed - a camera that deserves to be within reach at all times...

The money is gone and I'm wallowing in joy.

Cheers

'When I say "post processed", they hardly needed any. Right out of the camera, the images are pretty darn good!' – dandrewk

So it looks like it 'natrurally' generates quite vibrant/saturated colors?

Kirk

dandrewk

'When I say "post processed", they hardly needed any. Right out of the camera, the images are pretty darn good!' – dandrewk

So it looks like it 'natrurally' generates quite vibrant/saturated colors?

Kirk
Yes, that's it exactly.

Generally, I'll add some dynamic (micro) contrast in OnOne Perfect Effects, and sometimes selective color boosts if the shot warrants it. I noticed right away that very little or any color boost was needed on these shots, and even then at about 25% strength.

The shots today were in very bright, sunny conditions, so it really showed off the camera's color rendering. It almost looked like the colors I'd see on a bright, overcast day.

This is just my first foray with the camera to test a few things. I like what I see so far, but there is still a lot more work before I truly understand the camera's capability.

V

Vivek

Day 2. I have been looking for that one capture that would make me satisfied with my purchase and I got that today.

This is my typical handheld snap, under a bridge that is notoriously bad (understatement) for the lighting conditions even on a good day (it is downright miserable weather here). Highlights are recovered as well as the shadow details plus just the details where there is focus and yes it is auto focused as well ( Originally underexposed with the skies blown). This has never happened to me before, even with the Leica MM. :bugeyes:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.5, 1/200s, ISO640, The Hague