The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightweight and/or compact 135mm for A7R

Massimo

@serhan that is a fantastic cat portrait!!! Love the rich color and pose.

@f1,0 @shac and all those who vote for the Zuiko 3.5/135 ... does the filter thread rotate when focusing? @serhan what about your MC Sonnar?

Any of you tested these lenses on the new A7R II ?

Eddie3dfx

I have the sonnar contax 135mm 2.8 and it's tremendously sharp... It's actually quite nice it has a built in hood and I have the 2x zeiss adapter..
It does have an interesting focus shift, which IMHO makes it a better landscape lens over a portrait lens

serhan

Thanks. The filter thread on Jena 135 3.5 MC does not rotate. However lens extends during focusing. More info on the lens:
http://aflenses.net/id/21982

@serhan that is a fantastic cat portrait!!! Love the rich color and pose.

@f1,0 @shac and all those who vote for the Zuiko 3.5/135 ... does the filter thread rotate when focusing? @serhan what about your MC Sonnar?

pegelli

@f1,0 @shac and all those who vote for the Zuiko 3.5/135 ... does the filter thread rotate when focusing?
I don't have mine anymore, but as far as I remember it didn't turn when focusing.
I've not tried the 135/3.5 (or 135/2.8) on the A7RII, but I did try the Zuiko 100/2.8 on it.
Worked great, here's a candid portrait example at iso 12800:

I think the 135's would do equally well.