The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII, Metabones IV, TSE 17mm and camera stops

dmward

I just did an interior architectural shoot.
I was using A7RII, Metabones IV, Canon 17TSE on a tripod. initially everything works as expected. As the shoot progressed I started having trouble getting the Cable Release to fire the camera. And a couple of times the camera seemed to stop after 2 of the three bracketed exposures. The shutter speeds were getting quite slow and I may have been not waiting long enough.

Anyway, I've had similar problem with shutter button not working from time to time with Metabones IV and earlier firmware versions. Just wondering if anyone is having a similar problem. It may all be user error.

Good thing is that everything was on tripod so nor problem restarting camera and continuing on.

Annna T

I just did an interior architectural shoot.
I was using A7RII, Metabones IV, Canon 17TSE on a tripod. initially everything works as expected. As the shoot progressed I started having trouble getting the Cable Release to fire the camera. And a couple of times the camera seemed to stop after 2 of the three bracketed exposures. The shutter speeds were getting quite slow and I may have been not waiting long enough.

Anyway, I've had similar problem with shutter button not working from time to time with Metabones IV and earlier firmware versions. Just wondering if anyone is having a similar problem. It may all be user error.

Good thing is that everything was on tripod so nor problem restarting camera and continuing on.
I have some trouble too. But I thought it was more due to the cable release than the adapter. Most of the time I have to set the cable release on continuous mode because single shot won't be enough. Lately I was mostly using the 70-200mm F4 L IS USM

dmward

I thought it might be the cable release. I was initially using a wireless Pixel release, and when the problems started, I changed to a wired Pixel release which was sporadic too, so I ended up carefully using the camera shutter button.

I tired the delay timer which I thought would fire off the 3 exposure bracket but it won't. At least the way I had it set up.

Annna T

I thought it might be the cable release. I was initially using a wireless Pixel release, and when the problems started, I changed to a wired Pixel release which was sporadic too, so I ended up carefully using the camera shutter button.

I tired the delay timer which I thought would fire off the 3 exposure bracket but it won't. At least the way I had it set up.
I have the Sony release cable, but it isn't working properly either. I noticed that I had more problems when the wheater is cold. I think that there may be a contact problem with the plug : once I forgot that I had the remote in my pocket and quasi threw the tripod and camera down as I walked away. I thought that was the problem for me. But I have already heard others complaining about this bad secured plug.

kimbrunstudio

Why not use a smart phone or tablet as a shutter release? I set my Smart Remote Control for a 2 second delay to let things settle. No Hands on the camera.

Annna T

Why not use a smart phone or tablet as a shutter release? I set my Smart Remote Control for a 2 second delay to let things settle. No Hands on the camera.
I use an iPad too sometimes, but when you have a cable release around it is much faster and easier than the tablet; may be that an Android phone offering NFC could match the cable release, but with Apple things it is a little more complicated. Plus the tablet is much more cumbersome to hold.