The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Winter Workshop Survey

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hello Everyone well its time for a GetDPI Winter workshop hopefully in mid February and this time we are trying to see who maybe interested in attending. This would mark i believe our 25 th workshop. We wanted this one to be more Sony centric cameras but of course you can bring anything you want and some ideas Jack and I thought of was seeing if we could get a a gear rental company to help sponsor it also. So if you wanted to try certain lenses or cameras we could have them on hand, which is a great way to try before you buy. The workshop will start around the 16th of February for a 5 day trip around Arizona area and Utah. Canyon de Chelly National Monument, Monument Valley and Page areas. Costs which include food and lodging would be in the neighborhood of around $2400 for the workshop. Transportation is on your own and many attendees double up on car rentals for these which works out very nicely. It also gives folks to extend there trip as well and being that we will end in Page Arizona you could always go on to the Grand Canyon. We would start here in Phoenix and head to Canyon De Chelly first with a few stops along the way and make the loop around to the west from there.

We have not looked into pricing exactly so it would be in that neighborhood though. Our workshops are a ton of fun and a chance to see other like minded photographers and learn a lot along the way. We are hoping for at least 8 folks but not to exceed 12-15.

You can PM me directly or post here if you are interested and we can get the ball rolling. Everyone is welcome and Im sure some of our regular workshop attendees will come along. We will hire a guide most likely for a day in Monument Valley for some of the secret spots to shoot. We also stay at the best places for your comfort as well. No we do not do tents we make reservations, and we eat and drink with the best of them so no spam on this trip, sorry. LOL

Please contact Jack or I and or post here if you are interested

From me personally I really hope to see some forum members attend from the Sony group as you folks seem to be a lot of fun and we have worked hard to get our systems going and be great to get together and learn more.

V

Vivek

Wish I could.

Highly worthwhile for those in the continent. :thumbs:

iiiNelson

Lot of interest. Little money for it right now. Honeymoon and Christmas travel got to me first.

Quentin_Bargate

Funnily enough I was thinking of a trip a bit like this myself earlier today. Would be more fun with a group of like minded photographers.

So I might well be interested.

Bob Parsons

Yes, I'm very interested :). Guy, I'll PM you later today to ask about how to go about arrangements. One difficulty I have with any US visit from the UK is that I don't drive. I'm willing to pay for car hire and share gas expenses/car pool. I'll also PM Quentin to see if he has any suggestions.

Bob.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Let me see what I can do. I have three trips booked in 2016 so I need to see how the piggy bank looks vs adding another trip. Would be fun to catch up and be told that I take too much stuff as normal ;)

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I may be interested. My mom lives in the Phoenix area and I planned on visiting around that time anyways.
It is well worth it. This will be my 5th or 6th workshop with the GetDPI crew and I have enjoyed every one of them. I usually come home with some great images, and some good memories. The days are filled with a lot of photography, and the evenings with good food, drink and conversation. :thumbs: