The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issue with RX1rII is with Light Leak

V

Vivek

Tomorrow is swap day. The replacement is with my dealer and they will send it to their branch that is 10mins walk from my house. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great news and you got a brand camera. End of day through all the BS that's what counts and I expect to see you out there shooting lights out with it. Honestly this forum and members enjoy your work.

dandrewk

I sent mine in on the 20th, and it arrived at Sony on the 27th. The replacement was shipped on the 29th, and it should be here tomorrow.

I have zero complaints at this point.

seb

Tomorrow is swap day. The replacement is with my dealer and they will send it to their branch that is 10mins walk from my house. :)
Show us, what they put there instead of the piano: :)

It is fair to say that a lot of adjustment is required with the handling of the camera and processing its files.* Going from an A7s to RX1R II isn't going to be easy at all. I like the manual focus- it is just awesome. AF works well in the center. :LOL: Tilt LCD is great. Looked at the EVF. It isn't bad.

Here is a snap on the way back from the camera shop (I did take a charged battery which ran out after a few snaps. It is cold, misty/foggy and windy).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

RX1R II, f/3.2, 1/320s, ISO3200, LPF set to std

* File processing is not going to be easy, especially to someone like me who does not relish PP.
everyone a good day!
seb

V

Vivek

It did not show (<15 miles distance could not be covered). :(

May be tomorrow...

dandrewk

I sent mine in on the 20th, and it arrived at Sony on the 27th. The replacement was shipped on the 29th, and it should be here tomorrow.

I have zero complaints at this point.
Received replacement today. All is good. Tested for light leak with ballistic type flashlight using a "brighter than the sun" setting. No light leak at high ISO.

Total time without camera - 13 days, of which 11 days were in transit.

By far the biggest headache here was having to set up the camera again - custom buttons, function menu, apps etc. But it was good to refresh and reevaluate all the choices.

Grade for Sony's handling of this issue - A+.

teeraash

Got my replacement last weekend. The RX1M2 together with my GX8 and Nicticron would be my traveling combo in the foreseeable future.

V

Vivek

K-H, everyone, Picked up my replacement. The shop opened the new box to make sure I have returned everything with the old. They even took the new camera cover (missing) away.

Anyway, the new camera is in my hand. :)

Although the FW still says 1.0, I think there are changes. I think the Auto ISO shutter speed settings are different (better IMO) than before.

There could be other changes as well. Will have to try it out more to figure that out.

=> Those who have not sent theirs for a replacement, do it ASAP.

Pradeep

I got my replacement yesterday. It had arrived two days earlier but nobody was at home to receive it from Fedex. I had shipped it on Monday the 25th of Jan and the replacement was at my door on Tuesday the 2nd Feb, 6 business days later (my fault we could not receive it for two more days).

It looks like a brand new unit complete with all accessories. Haven't tested it yet, but I am sure it will be fine.

I must say this is the best service experience I've ever had dealing with a major electronics company.

jim251

snip...

I must say this is the best service experience I've ever had dealing with a major electronics company.
You are fortunate... My camera has been gone for 2 weeks and I have no idea when the new one will appear. Sony service has been completely, utterly and totally clueless.

Pradeep

You are fortunate... My camera has been gone for 2 weeks and I have no idea when the new one will appear. Sony service has been completely, utterly and totally clueless.
Sorry to hear that Jim.

I got an email from Sony when they received my unit and another when they shipped it out including a tracking number. As far as I can tell, it shipped from CA.

They probably have a very sporadic supply line and the response varies depending upon who handles your unit, it is possible all the returns don't end up in the same location.

There is probably no better explanation than that I am just one lucky dude!

jim251

...then suddenly, ding-dong, FedEx at the door, new camera arrives without warning...

Sheesh, glad that's over...