Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

  1. #51
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Hi Michiel, They did know and that in my books is cheating. It is one thing (if and when sony.nl acknowledges that such a model actually exists! It may be official in Japan or the US but not here, afaik!) about refund (I would like) or replacement but another to take this camera seriously.

    They killed all the enthusiasm and that damage can not be compensated by Euros or Dollars.
    It's on the SONY.NL website now: DSC-RX1RM2 free inspection

    Really odd that the indicated serial numbers are different.
    And no word about replacement, only inspection&repair.
    What a mess ...

    Getroffen modellen en serienummers
    Digitale fotocamera DSC-RX1RM2.

    Als uw DSC-RX1RM2 een serienummer heeft dat in het onderstaande bereik ligt, kan uw apparaat getroffen zijn.

    Productserienummer vanaf 7360021 tot 7360551
    Productserienummer vanaf 7760004 tot 7760052
    Productserienummer vanaf 8160021 tot 8160357
    Als het serienummer van uw DSC-RX1RM2 niet in het bovenstaande bereik ligt, wordt uw model niet getroffen.
    Bart ...
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

  2. #52
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Bart, Thank you!

    Clearly, the sony.nl "support" was lying to me when I contacted them about this issue.

    Bart, The numbers from sony.nl site are the European numbers. Mine is within that first series 736...
    Last edited by Vivek; 22nd January 2016 at 04:04. Reason: update
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  3. #53
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    sony.nl sent this email ~20mins ago!

    Thank you for your response.

    We have not been informed about this retour action yet. In the past days I have received a message from other consumers as well so we are now in contact with other departments to figure out the process.

    I will contact you after the weekend when I have more information about this.




    Fuji, I am interested in cameras for photography.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #54
    Senior Member seb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    sony.nl sent this email ~20mins ago!





    Fuji, I am interested in cameras for photography.
    Sounds like the customer service is more into the other products from sony. But it looks like, you will get help at the end.
    If you only get a replacement instead of your prefered refund, you can sell it as a new RX1RII (still boxed). So you can be happy about this light leak issue, because it increased the value of your camera.

  5. #55
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    Sounds like the customer service is more into the other products from sony. But it looks like, you will get help at the end.
    If you only get a replacement instead of your prefered refund, you can sell it as a new RX1RII (still boxed). So you can be happy about this light leak issue, because it increased the value of your camera.
    Another genius from Switzerland?

  6. #56
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Bart, Thank you!

    Clearly, the sony.nl "support" was lying to me when I contacted them about this issue.

    Bart, The numbers from sony.nl site are the European numbers. Mine is within that first series 736...
    Aha ! Different serial ranges, that explains it.

    I don't think SONY.NL is deliberately lying to you, I'd say they are only poorly informed by the mothership.

    Kind regards.
    Bart ...

  7. #57
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Aha ! Different serial ranges, that explains it.

    I don't think SONY.NL is deliberately lying to you, I'd say they are only poorly informed by the mothership.

    Kind regards.
    Bart (and Michiel), sony.nl is no more. It appears that there is one person in Belgium that deals with cameras (and who knows what else!) for the EU.

    Good to keep this in mind while thinking about any sony produce in the future.

    One is likely to get a timely response and help from a HK dealer than the non existent sony.nl

  8. #58
    Senior Member seb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Another genius from Switzerland?
    No, it's more an optimistic way to see things. Nothing to do with the country.
    Flickr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #59
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    No, it's more an optimistic way to see things. Nothing to do with the country.
    I am not sure about that, sir. Something appears to be invisible /lost as typed in English. It is not about the money. Even if that is the case, i paid €3,499 for my unit which will only go down. I do not stand to gain from this experience, even monetarily.

    (otoh, may be I do stand to gain from it by not buying anything sony!)

  10. #60
    Senior Member seb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I am not sure about that, sir. Something appears to be invisible /lost as typed in English.
    Maybe it's my bad English. But, that's something we can handle, I hope. But my English is good enough, that I know that "Another genius from Switzerland? " should not come up in a decent conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    (otoh, may be I do stand to gain from it by not buying anything sony!)
    It looks like the only solution.
    Flickr
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I am not sure about that, sir. Something appears to be invisible /lost as typed in English. It is not about the money. Even if that is the case, i paid €3,499 for my unit which will only go down. I do not stand to gain from this experience, even monetarily.

    (otoh, may be I do stand to gain from it by not buying anything sony!)
    The original issue you had could be entirely explained by the fact (if true) that in your email to them you did not render the model number as it appears on the camera, which is DSC-RX1M2. A small thing, but apparently significant. I had the same issue initially when I contacted Sony, but since that was a phone call the resulting confusion--innocent on the part of the representative, who obviously had never heard of this particular camera before, not shocking in the case of a low-volume recent release--lasted about 20 seconds until *I* provided the number in the correct format. You can have your own opinion of how long it is reasonable for such confusion to persist in an email thread. Much longer than 20 seconds, though.

    You might gain if they could somehow give you a brand new camera that worked exactly as you believed the original one did, plus selective amnesia.

  12. #62
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,610
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Runkel View Post
    The original issue you had could be entirely explained by the fact (if true) that in your email to them you did not render the model number as it appears on the camera, which is DSC-RX1M2. A small thing, but apparently significant. I had the same issue initially when I contacted Sony, but since that was a phone call the resulting confusion--innocent on the part of the representative, who obviously had never heard of this particular camera before, not shocking in the case of a low-volume recent release--lasted about 20 seconds until *I* provided the number in the correct format. You can have your own opinion of how long it is reasonable for such confusion to persist in an email thread. Much longer than 20 seconds, though.

    You might gain if they could somehow give you a brand new camera that worked exactly as you believed the original one did, plus selective amnesia.

    The camera rx1r ii is registered with them and only as a result of my acvount with them i could send an email to inquire. In the account, all my registered Sony gear is listed and it does not include any RX1R (24 mp). I posted a snippet of the latest email where they plaed ignorance about issues with rx1r ii.

    Again, camera model number and its serial numbers were put in every email and the case open with sony.nl has all the details.

    As for your last sentence, if that makes you feel good, fine.

  13. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

    When we choose hardware on the cutting edge of what's possible, in the early days, there's always a chance of an unforeseen issue. Sony is so big they are not very nimble in customer service, with numerous elements contracted out to third parties with scripts. However in the end they usually do stand behind cameras. I've had to send bodies in twice, to get a replacement after a poor repair.

    All that said the Rx1r2 is unmatched for the combination of small size and power.

    If I liked the camera I would bear with Sony. If I was ambivalent I might try something else.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •