The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX1R mk II Light Leak Pictures

I am not sure about that, sir. Something appears to be invisible /lost as typed in English. It is not about the money. Even if that is the case, i paid €3,499 for my unit which will only go down. I do not stand to gain from this experience, even monetarily.

(otoh, may be I do stand to gain from it by not buying anything sony!)
The original issue you had could be entirely explained by the fact (if true) that in your email to them you did not render the model number as it appears on the camera, which is DSC-RX1M2. A small thing, but apparently significant. I had the same issue initially when I contacted Sony, but since that was a phone call the resulting confusion--innocent on the part of the representative, who obviously had never heard of this particular camera before, not shocking in the case of a low-volume recent release--lasted about 20 seconds until *I* provided the number in the correct format. You can have your own opinion of how long it is reasonable for such confusion to persist in an email thread. Much longer than 20 seconds, though.

You might gain if they could somehow give you a brand new camera that worked exactly as you believed the original one did, plus selective amnesia.

V

Vivek

The original issue you had could be entirely explained by the fact (if true) that in your email to them you did not render the model number as it appears on the camera, which is DSC-RX1M2. A small thing, but apparently significant. I had the same issue initially when I contacted Sony, but since that was a phone call the resulting confusion--innocent on the part of the representative, who obviously had never heard of this particular camera before, not shocking in the case of a low-volume recent release--lasted about 20 seconds until *I* provided the number in the correct format. You can have your own opinion of how long it is reasonable for such confusion to persist in an email thread. Much longer than 20 seconds, though.

You might gain if they could somehow give you a brand new camera that worked exactly as you believed the original one did, plus selective amnesia.

The camera rx1r ii is registered with them and only as a result of my acvount with them i could send an email to inquire. In the account, all my registered Sony gear is listed and it does not include any RX1R (24 mp). I posted a snippet of the latest email where they plaed ignorance about issues with rx1r ii.

Again, camera model number and its serial numbers were put in every email and the case open with sony.nl has all the details.

As for your last sentence, if that makes you feel good, fine. :)

uhoh7

When we choose hardware on the cutting edge of what's possible, in the early days, there's always a chance of an unforeseen issue. Sony is so big they are not very nimble in customer service, with numerous elements contracted out to third parties with scripts. However in the end they usually do stand behind cameras. I've had to send bodies in twice, to get a replacement after a poor repair.

All that said the Rx1r2 is unmatched for the combination of small size and power.

If I liked the camera I would bear with Sony. If I was ambivalent I might try something else.