The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fe 55mm 1.8 no longer auto focuses

Rawfa

TheFe 55mm 1.8 no longer auto focuses (tested on 2 different a7s. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any idea on how to fix it and how much would it cost?

V

Vivek

TheFe 55mm 1.8 no longer auto focuses (tested on 2 different a7s. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any idea on how to fix it and how much would it cost?
Try cleaning the electrical contacts (lens and camera). The CORRECT instructions are on Canon website somewhere.

Annna T

Well I have got that kind of problems several times.. But it was my settings : I have set AF to the back button, the one that also has the AF/AEL switch. Sometimes the switch get displaced and memorize AEL instead of AF.. Usually it takes me a moment to realize it.

But if that occurs with two bodies, then that can't be the problem. However sometimes I get a lens that isn't responding : it's because it wasn't mounted properly. May be there is something on the lens mount preventing it from correct mounting . And as already said : clean the contracts first.