Site Sponsors

Thread: A7r mk1 / mk2 with ZM 15mm

Post Thanks / Like

A7r mk1 / mk2 with ZM 15mm

Hi all,

Any one by any chance have had experience with A7r mk1 or mk2 with the ZM 15mm F2.8? I can find some samples here and there on the internet, but none of them are full size nor have any caption/remarks with regards to the corner and edge performance. and lastly, any idea how the ZM 15mm comparees to the VC 15mm mk 3 on A7r mk1/mk2? i know theres probably only handful of people who tried these combinations in the world...but if i dont ask, i will never know, lol. thanks.
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7r mk1 / mk2 with ZM 15mm

Quote Originally Posted by UHDR View Post
    Hi all,

Any one by any chance have had experience with A7r mk1 or mk2 with the ZM 15mm F2.8? I can find some samples here and there on the internet, but none of them are full size nor have any caption/remarks with regards to the corner and edge performance. and lastly, any idea how the ZM 15mm comparees to the VC 15mm mk 3 on A7r mk1/mk2? i know theres probably only handful of people who tried these combinations in the world...but if i dont ask, i will never know, lol. thanks.
    There are stickies at the top of the general list of forum threads and "A7r2 with M lenses" is one that should interest you. There was also a thread dedicated to the VC 15mm mk3 where people talk about how it compares to other 15mm included older versions. You should have a look at these two threads, but IIRC the previous versions weren't that great.
    Last edited by Annna T; 28th January 2016 at 07:14.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Personally the VC15mmIII is way underrated. I love mine and would not spend the money on a Zeiss 15mm.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! i must admit i missed the thread above. i have already owned the VC15mm mk 3 for some time. There are times i thought i can do with something bigger than F4.5, so i have been toying around with the idea of the ZM 15mm. but i tlooks like it's a no-go for the time being probably until A7r mk3, hahaha. Once again, thanks!
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

Post Thanks / Like

I have used my ZF.2 15 2.8 with great success on my A7rII. Best 15mm out there I reckon, a little large I admit but sharp as a tack.
    David
    Auckland, NZ.