The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G Master lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.4 & 70-200mm f/2.8

Pradeep

There are a few available on Ebay.
Yes, but they are asking for $600 more than B&H.

I did the math. For me the best bet is to rent it for my trip and then just wait for my own order to come in. Apparently they will start shipping again in the beginning of June, which is unfortunately when I am leaving.

Even with the rental price added to my purchase, I will still come out ahead on cost vs ebay or Zurich.

The Ute

Yes, but they are asking for $600 more than B&H.

I did the math. For me the best bet is to rent it for my trip and then just wait for my own order to come in. Apparently they will start shipping again in the beginning of June, which is unfortunately when I am leaving.

Even with the rental price added to my purchase, I will still come out ahead on cost vs ebay or Zurich.
You sounded desperate.
Guess you weren't.
Glad you found a better solution.

JMaher

Try the VP of Operations, Michael Arbor at:

http://jpiphoto.com/

and tell him I sent you. I think he either has them in stock or has them coming in early next week. I was really looking at the GM 85 so I might be mistaken, but it's worth a call.

Jim Maher

Pradeep

Try the VP of Operations, Michael Arbor at:

http://jpiphoto.com/

and tell him I sent you. I think he either has them in stock or has them coming in early next week. I was really looking at the GM 85 so I might be mistaken, but it's worth a call.

Jim Maher
Thanks a ton, Jim. Yes, their online status did show 'in stock' and my credit card went through. Hope it is true, as sometimes they charge your card but ship when it arrives. I have also written to Michael asking him to confirm.

Fingers crossed!

Pradeep

Thanks a ton, Jim. Yes, their online status did show 'in stock' and my credit card went through. Hope it is true, as sometimes they charge your card but ship when it arrives. I have also written to Michael asking him to confirm.

Fingers crossed!
The saga continues. Michael refunded my money today saying he did not have it in stock after all. Strange, since my credit card was charged as if it was available and it showed it to be so.

Back to looking around.

Pradeep

It's in stock since release: http://www.digifuchs.ch/index.php?ssid=79443079ae735b670c68d6994e3e15c5&advised_product=22565
The flight to zurich is around 8 hours. :)
They do also deliver abroad. But it's a small company with only one store and Switzerland has a very small VAT (6.5% which is included in the listed price). So, I don't know how easy it will be to process it and how much it will cost in the end. The store itself is fine and trustworthy.
I called them, they do not ship outside Switzerland.

Ebay vendor has bad reviews (they supposedly sell used stuff as new). So will just use the Canon 24-70 unless my dealer comes through. I called almost all major stores in the US and Canada, nobody has one in stock :(