Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A 6300

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A 6300

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    I read from another review that using full frame lenses on the a6000 will not be as sharp as using the same lens on a true full frame camera. Is there any validity to this?
    I think in terms of lines/mm on the sensor the only difference will be caused by the strength (or absence) of the AA filter, not the lens.
    However for the same output size the APS-C picture needs to be enlarged more then the FF picture, so there some resolution (sharpness) might be lost.
    However using the forced APS-C crop on a FF camera will have the exact same effect.

EDIT: Is it you who asked the same question on DPR here? Since the question was a bit further explained my answer there is also a bit more detailed
    Last edited by pegelli; 10th February 2016 at 12:33.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Here's a piece by Brian Smith on the A6300

To me it reads a bit too much as a Sony press release, but to every blogger their own. However, maybe it's mentioned before but hadn't registered with me until today:

Not sure that for me it justifies the upgrade from an A6000, but it's certainly one of the new features I would appreciate a lot.
    I have found that capability useful when shooting events.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4season View Post
    Camerasize.com is your friend:
    http://j.mp/1TcP0MX#sthash.Zf6DuHIM.dpuf
    Thanks. That is a useful site.

Post Thanks / Like

I read from another review that using full frame lenses on the a6000 will not be as sharp as using the same lens on a true full frame camera. Is there any validity to this?
    Sort of. The A6000 has a greater number of pixels in it's sensor than any APS-C crop of a full frame sensor--the A7r crops to ~15MP and the A7rII to ~18MP. So the A6000 should be able to capture a higher resolution image from the same area of the lens compared to these two cameras, and the limits of the lens would be more apparent on the A6000 first.

You can see this in effect by looking at FE lenses perceptual MP measure on DXO. So for example, the 55/1.8 has a P-MP of 29MP out of a possible 36MP (theoretical) maximum on the A7r = 81%. But the 55/1.8 on the A6000 only resolves a P-MP of 15MP out of 24MP = 63%. So the A6000 appears more resolution-limited by the lens.

BUT, the A6000 should still out-resolve the A7r's APS-C mode using the same lens, since it has a higher MP count in the same area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    Here's a piece by Brian Smith on the A6300

To me it reads a bit too much as a Sony press release, but to every blogger their own. However, maybe it's mentioned before but hadn't registered with me until today:

Not sure that for me it justifies the upgrade from an A6000, but it's certainly one of the new features I would appreciate a lot.
    Agree, I use that feature on my E-M1 all the time. Have different presets depending on the scene.

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience, the bigger a lens' cone of projection, the less sharp, all other things the same.
    So it should be valid.
    Eduardo

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have noted several significant improvements* over the earlier models:

1. Much faster AF.

2. Much better high ISO.

3. More robust body.

4. Can be powered/used via USB.

5. Silent shutter.

The significant question that isn't answered by Sony or Sony promoting parrots on Youtube is the nature of RAW.
    Is it lossless? It is an easy question to answer.

Fuji X Pro 2 specs explicitly announce this.

* I overlook the video specs. They are really for me.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post