Thread: A 6300

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thumbs up A 6300

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A 6300

Edit: Wait, where's the latest bsi tech? I was really hoping it would show up on their aps-c range.

Post Thanks / Like

"Wow" indeed. /sarcasm

Most over-hyped release ever. $1000 for what amounts to an A6000 that adds 4K. Where's the 5-axis IBIS? BSI sensor? Touch screen?

Wake me up when Sony releases a real update to the A6000.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything other than a TV with the "SONY" name on it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    It will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything other than a TV with the "SONY" name on it.
    Good to know!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mic input, 4k? I'm a video guy and I'm loving it. What I REALLY want to know is if it can use phase detect to af with a speed booster...or even with a regular canon adapter.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm not into Video and usually prefer heritage MF lenses over AF (and even when I use AF my NEX6 is fast enough for me) the only reason to upgrade my A6000 to a A6300 would be a dramatic improvement in sensor performance. So time will tell if I'm going to get one.

On the other hand I'm glad there is a successor with some improvements that matter to other users, so the complaining (mostly on other fora then GetDPI) that Sony APS-C mirrorless is dead will hopefully stop for a couple of months.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know they talked about TVs on this forum ...

- - - Updated - - -

At last, an a6*** with weather sealing. No, wait ...

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad Sony seems to have quit making glass for APS-C e-mount though. It would've been so cool to have seen an 18mm 2.0 OSS and a 60mm 2.8 macro OSS. And don't even get me started on fast zooms. At least give us an f2.8-f4!
    I've read the a6300 DOES support PDAF with the LAEA3, but since it doesn't work on video it's not an ideal solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfa View Post
    Too bad Sony seems to have quit making glass for APS-C e-mount though...
    funny you mentioned it. i did notice most of A6300 sample/promo videos are shot with FE lens. i would have enough the 18-105mm F4 will be a more natural match.
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

Post Thanks / Like

This camera looks seriously amazing to me and I will preorder immediately.

A great feature set for both stills and video.

4K video down sampled from 6K.
    S-Log.
    120 fps HD.
    11 fps with no significant EVF blackout.
    Very fast AF with coverage of essentially the whole frame.
    Plays nice with my 70-400 G2 lens using the la-ea3 converter.

All for $1,000

It is the new value leader and I'm in.

-Bill

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by frozenbb View Post
    Edit: Wait, where's the latest bsi tech? I was really hoping it would show up on their aps-c range.
    That is supposed to, in 6 months time. I think this is just a camera with better AF. It is quite pricey in the EU. I wonder if many will sell here though. DSLRs with similar specs are way more affordable.

This will be interesting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Sony has a long tradition of introducing lower end cameras with new features before they introduce their A game. I bet tha after enough a6300 have been bought Sony will come up with something like an awesome replacement for the nex7 or someting like that.
    www.rafael-lopes.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Very sensible upgrade and a camera I may consider for video and a few other things. I didn't care much for the ergonomics of the predecessor, and I guess this is more or less the same, but it's a dirt cheap camera given its features. The competitors would obviously be the Panasonic G7 or GX8, but they are both a bit larger, even though they have a smaller sensor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    That is supposed to, in 6 months time. I think this is just a camera with better AF. It is quite pricey in the EU. I wonder if many will sell here though. DSLRs with similar specs are way more affordable.

This will be interesting to watch.
    Which DSLR has 4K video and can shoot 11 fps and is more affordable?

As far as I can tell, the only DSLR that has even remotely similar specs is the just announced titanic Canon flagship EOS 1DX II which runs 6 times as much.

The great Samsung NX1 can also shoot 4K and a remarkable 15 fps! But, it is even pricier than the Sony and has been orphaned by Samsung. Besides, it is not a DSLR either.

Frankly, I see nothing like the a6300 at any price point.

-Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Mic input, 4k? I'm a video guy and I'm loving it. What I REALLY want to know is if it can use phase detect to af with a speed booster...or even with a regular canon adapter.
    Now thats a good question. Based on DP reviews initial release, the a6300 can use its myriad of pdaf on sensor points to do fast focus on A-mount lenses with an LA-E3 adapter (no built in pdaf). this theoretically means it is very possible the speed booster ultra ef-nex should be able to support fast PDAF AF as well, but may need a firmware update from Metabones.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    Now thats a good question. Based on DP reviews initial release, the a6300 can use its myriad of pdaf on sensor points to do fast focus on A-mount lenses with an LA-E3 adapter (no built in pdaf). this theoretically means it is very possible the speed booster ultra ef-nex should be able to support fast PDAF AF as well, but may need a firmware update from Metabones.....
    That right there would make A LOT of people interested and it would turn in a bunch of money for the likes of metabones and other focal reducer companies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UHDR View Post
    funny you mentioned it. i did notice most of A6300 sample/promo videos are shot with FE lens. i would have enough the 18-105mm F4 will be a more natural match.
    My a6000 with the 16-70 f4 is my idea of a go anywhere (well, almost anywhere) combo. Got many good street shots with it - had to spend an extra 10 for the weather sealing, though. The guy said it was called "umbrella" ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    Yes, this is the killer upgrade that many have missed or ignored. The a6300 will essentially provide the same fast PDAF with adapted A-mount, Canon EF, Contax G and soon Leica M (with the upcoming TechArt adapter) that the a7RII does today.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Disclaimer: Jim DE, you can skip anwering to this post.

Does anyone know if the 14 bit RAW output is the usual lossy or lossless RAW?
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Show Performance View Post
    Yes, this is the killer upgrade that many have missed or ignored. The a6300 will essentially provide the same fast PDAF with adapted A-mount, Canon EF, Contax G and soon Leica M (with the upcoming TechArt adapter) that the a7RII does today.
    hmm I would like to see AF using Leica M lenses. Is it even possible, thought those lenses were pure manual lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Disclaimer: Jim DE, you can skip anwering to this post.

Does anyone know if the 14 bit RAW output is the usual lossy or lossless RAW?
    ditto to that question. I think the a6300 could make a good alternative for those who do not like the a7 DSLR like formfactor in favor or a rangefinder formfactor with a Speed booster of course.

Post Thanks / Like

BSI only works for high density sensors. Note that this new sensor has copper wiring for speed and better noise reduction (better S/N ratio).

- Ricardo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ggibson View Post
    "Wow" indeed. /sarcasm

Most over-hyped release ever. $1000 for what amounts to an A6000 that adds 4K. Where's the 5-axis IBIS? BSI sensor? Touch screen?

Wake me up when Sony releases a real update to the A6000.
    You don't need a BSI sensor. BSI benefits when the sensor is high density. Note the new sensor uses copper wiring which is new (faster; better S/N noise ratio = better ISO/image quality).

IBIS won't fit in this size for APS-C and it's not an essential feature particularly when you have some zooms and even primes in the line with OIS.

Sony is adding more than "just 4k"-

- What looks to be world class leading AF in this price range and then some
    - Better sensor tech/image quality
    - Faster FPS including 8fps with continuous live stream - that's a first.
    - Better battery life than the A6000 with the same battery - that's great. Always welcome in power hungry mirrorless (everywhere).
    - Little level for MF/AF- that seems small but I really appreciate that as ergonomics go.
    - EVF 2x resolution
    - EVF can do a 120fps refresh rate as an option (that's also a first). I am sure that drains the battery faster but if you are shooting action this is welcome.

What I would like to know is if the 14-bit RAW files are lossy compressed or lossless compress or uncompressed.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    You don't need a BSI sensor. BSI benefits when the sensor is high density. Note the new sensor uses copper wiring which is new (faster; better S/N noise ratio = better ISO/image quality).

IBIS won't fit in this size for APS-C and it's not an essential feature particularly when you have some zooms and even primes in the line with OIS.

Sony is adding more than "just 4k"-

- What looks to be world class leading AF in this price range and then some
    - Better sensor tech/image quality
    - Faster FPS including 8fps with continuous live stream - that's a first.
    - Better battery life than the A6000 with the same battery - that's great. Always welcome in power hungry mirrorless (everywhere).
    - Little level for MF/AF- that seems small but I really appreciate that as ergonomics go.
    - EVF 2x resolution
    - EVF can do a 120fps refresh rate as an option (that's also a first). I am sure that drains the battery faster but if you are shooting action this is welcome.

What I would like to know is if the 14-bit RAW files are lossy compressed or lossless compress or uncompressed.

- Ricardo
    120fps refresh rate of the EVF will come at the cost of a lower resolution. It is made for those who wants/need much faster reaction time (decisive moment etc..) but not well suited for MF, where you want the magnifier to show all the resolution that can be had. I'm not sure about battery life .. never use that fast setting on the A7r A7rm2. But doesn't the A7rm2 have the same 120fps refresh rate ?

Post Thanks / Like

The new lenses are not for me but I'm starting to look seriously at this camera. I would probably permanently strap it to my FE70-200 f/4 just for the AF&FPS performance with fast-moving targets. Hummingbirds oh-yeah, runners, bikers, race cars... The 8fps w/ continuous live view could be great for my purposes.

Am still curious about buffer depth and whether silent shooting has the same 14-12 bit gotcha as the a7rm2 but we'll find that out soon enough. Form-factor remains great - I rented an A6000 twice and really liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    BSI only works for high density sensors. Note that this new sensor has copper wiring for speed and better noise reduction (better S/N ratio).

- Ricardo.
    Fair enough about the new copper wiring leading to better SNR - this is of course what we're after. But where did everyone get the idea that the A7RII (with BSI) has a higher pixel density than the A6300? If the A7RII has a high enough pixel density or small enough pixel pitch to take advantage of BSI, surely the A6300 does as well!

Here's an overview of the matter:

http://www.robsphotography.co.nz/Son...ny-A7R-II.html

One way or the other, I know that all of us would like to have a unit in hand to SEE what this little cam is capable of!
    Tom
    Flickr Photostream

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the speedbooster and other focal reducers use contrast AF instead of phase detect AF at the moment? Well, I don't know if anyone noticed but the A6300 has 169 contrast AF points against the A6000's 25...in theory even if the current speedbooster and other focal reducers DON'T support PDAF, there should be a significant performance in AF. Is this right or am I talking non sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    120fps refresh rate of the EVF will come at the cost of a lower resolution. It is made for those who wants/need much faster reaction time (decisive moment etc..) but not well suited for MF, where you want the magnifier to show all the resolution that can be had. I'm not sure about battery life .. never use that fast setting on the A7r A7rm2. But doesn't the A7rm2 have the same 120fps refresh rate ?
    The question begs then is the 120fps evf refresh a user controlled "option" or is it permanently enabled on the a6300? It would be sad to not be able to use 120fps and 2Mp EVF simultaneously.

Also on my wishlist for the next a6000 series camera is an articulating EVF similar to the Gx8

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the speedbooster and other focal reducers use contrast AF instead of phase detect AF at the moment? Well, I don't know if anyone noticed but the A6300 has 169 contrast AF points against the A6000's 25...in theory even if the current speedbooster and other focal reducers DON'T support PDAF, there should be a significant performance in AF. Is this right or am I talking non sense?
    The speedboosters to my knowledge do only support CDAF autofocus. which literally allows the camera to communicate to the focus motors on EF lenses to rack back and forth. It will be up to metabones to bring out a firmware update to allow for a more seemless PDAF experience, similar to what they did with metabones iv smart adapter when the a7ii was released with in built PDAF.

The additional CDAF points will improve the focus area and possibly precison for small focus point selection, but will not necessarily improve the AF speed as the AF speed when using CDAF is highly dependant on how fast the EF lens can rack back and forth through the focus range.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the body exactly like the a6000's? Would an a6000 battery grip fit the a6300?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    120fps refresh rate of the EVF will come at the cost of a lower resolution.
    Maybe, but we need to see when the camera is out. Not necessarily.

It is made for those who wants/need much faster reaction time (decisive moment etc..) but not well suited for MF, where you want the magnifier to show all the resolution that can be had. I'm not sure about battery life .. never use that fast setting on the A7r A7rm2. But doesn't the A7rm2 have the same 120fps refresh rate ?
    Well to be clear: I am not saying the 120fps refresh rate may not have tradeoffs. I am sure battery life is one of them (there's no other way around that, or they would just leave it on all the time). My point is more about something new over the A6000 and the option. Even if the option has a tradeoff- as you said- it could be very useful for someone capturing sports.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough about the new copper wiring leading to better SNR - this is of course what we're after. But where did everyone get the idea that the A7RII (with BSI) has a higher pixel density than the A6300? If the A7RII has a high enough pixel density or small enough pixel pitch to take advantage of BSI, surely the A6300 does as well!

Here's an overview of the matter:

http://www.robsphotography.co.nz/Son...ny-A7R-II.html

One way or the other, I know that all of us would like to have a unit in hand to SEE what this little cam is capable of!
    Well certainly I could get it wrong. But at least from my view Sony is a world class sensor designer, and if they didn't pick BSI for this design (given the 1'' sensors they do are now at BSI or multi-stacked) and the full frame is at the BSI level, I would think they probably know something we don't.

And the copper wiring maybe provided them the perfect balance of noise and speed they required for doing the faster AF, the faster EVF refresh, the 8fps with minimal blackout, and still better image quality.

Engineering is about tradeoffs. Maybe BSI would have helped with noise but not speed. Maybe the body size is small enough that perhaps power dissipation/heat because a concern with BSI. There could be m any reasons. Either way, this sensor is a step forward from the A6000's and most likely, the one Fuji is using as a base for their new Xpro 2 which by all accounts so far is looking pretty darn good.

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully when I grow up, I will be just as smart and wise as you are.
    the HepKitty
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see anyone addressing the uncompressed raw questions.
    The Sony site only says RAW without regard to compression. Other sources I've seen suggest that its uncompressed and compressed similar to the A7 series update. I even saw one source that said there was a lossless compressed option but don't remember where.

I guess this is something that we'll have to wait for a complete breakout of the menu structure to know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at this camera has given me pause in evaluating my kit for weddings and events.
    Most of the time large file size is not an advantage since it slows processing and increased the time required to FTP.

I was thinking about adding a second A7RII and shooting them in APS-C mode to get a smaller file. The would have the option to go FF if necessary.

The A6300 announcement suggests I could get 2 bodies for less than a used A7RII for use on jobs where file size doesn't need to be large. i.e. most work that is only going to be printed to 11x14 or used electronically. Still have the A7RII for those situations where I want the large file size.

The one thing that moved me to Sony from Fuji was the A7RII with large file size and FF sensor. I sold the Fuji because I didn't like having two kits. Now the A6300 is giving me an attractive option for APS-C with lens compatibility with high resolution FF A7RII

And, the adapter capabilities with E3 and Metabones IV EF makes it even more versatile.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Of course, keeping it simple with one mount is always advantageous. It also helps to have the same system flash options.

Post Thanks / Like

I am rather new to these 4/3rd cameras, I've been shooting with Canon dSLR and MF digital for the past decade and am looking for a smaller camera and the 6300 seems great. Are there any lenses for this that are similar to the Canon Pancake lenses? I mostly shoot with primes and am not looking for a zoom option.

Additionally, If i wanted to mount the canon 24mm Pancake, do the adapters allow for Autofocus? And if so, does it work realistically? or is it just better to use a SONY lens that is built for this system?

Thanks for taking time with my newbie questions!

Post Thanks / Like

what do you expect to gain going aps-c?
    If you already have an a7rII and lenses ... I would just go with A7II or A7SII

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    Looking at this camera has given me pause in evaluating my kit for weddings and events.
    Most of the time large file size is not an advantage since it slows processing and increased the time required to FTP.

I was thinking about adding a second A7RII and shooting them in APS-C mode to get a smaller file. The would have the option to go FF if necessary.

The A6300 announcement suggests I could get 2 bodies for less than a used A7RII for use on jobs where file size doesn't need to be large. i.e. most work that is only going to be printed to 11x14 or used electronically. Still have the A7RII for those situations where I want the large file size.

The one thing that moved me to Sony from Fuji was the A7RII with large file size and FF sensor. I sold the Fuji because I didn't like having two kits. Now the A6300 is giving me an attractive option for APS-C with lens compatibility with high resolution FF A7RII

And, the adapter capabilities with E3 and Metabones IV EF makes it even more versatile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    I am rather new to these 4/3rd cameras, I've been shooting with Canon dSLR and MF digital for the past decade and am looking for a smaller camera and the 6300 seems great. Are there any lenses for this that are similar to the Canon Pancake lenses? I mostly shoot with primes and am not looking for a zoom option.

Additionally, If i wanted to mount the canon 24mm Pancake, do the adapters allow for Autofocus? And if so, does it work realistically? or is it just better to use a SONY lens that is built for this system?

Thanks for taking time with my newbie questions!
    The 4/3rd cameras are the first mirrorless cameras that were available. But the Sony 6300 is an APSC format with a bigger sensor (crop factor 1.5 instead of 2). Because of this you would get a better IQ at high ISO with the Sony 6300 than with and Olympus OMD, but the lenses will also be bigger and heavier than their MFT counterparts. Also the MFT aka micro-four-thirds cameras are produced since longer than the Sony Nex/alpha 6xxx and there are two players producing lenses for a single mount and sensor size. This means there are a lot more lenses available for MFT than for Sony Nex. There are three pancakes for the Sony E-Mount (16mm, 20mm and 16-50mm) and as far as I know they are not too well regarded (I think there is a zoom and a prime). here is a link to DPreview : Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

For MFT there are three pancakes primes : Panasonic 14mm F2.5 (equivalent 28mm on full frame), Olympus 17mm F2.8 (equivalent 34mm on FF but not really well reguarded), Panasonic 20mm F1.7 (an extremely sharp lens highly reguarded); there are also at least two pancakes zooms offering standard focal lengths, something like 14-42mm, but contrary to the primes they have somewhat slower max apertures and aren't very well reguarded). Really, if you want small lenses, the MFT/fourthirds format is better, even the normal lens remains small compared to Sony E/Nex lenses.

There is another forum dedicated to MFT bodies here. And you can choose between the bodies of two different manufacturers and cross mount the lenses if you want.

There is a Metabones Smart Adapter v. IV that allows AF for E-Mount bodies. They perform extremely well with the Canon A7rII, but it is a little early to know how they work with the new coming A6300; it will probably imply a firmware update for the adapter (the last version comes with an USB plug for this). On the A7r it was rather slow because only Contrast Detect was available. The game changed with the A7rII because it has an hybrid AF (can use both PDAF and CDAF). For my needs the Canon lenses are working perfectly and are fast. But they aren't as fast as on a Canon body, especially for Continuous AF and tracking. If you are into action or sport photography, then it isn't enough. Also in lower light, the AF performance diminish. But for landscape, architecture, slow moving subjects, portraits it is satisfying. Running children however may be a bit more challenging.

Also : what is a pancake on a Canon body is no more a pancake after you have added the adapter (the adapter is as big as the lens due to the short flange distance). My 40mm F2.8 pancake looks as big as the 35mm FE 2.8 lens once I have added the adapter.
    Last edited by Annna T; 9th February 2016 at 10:43.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    what do you expect to gain going aps-c?
    If you already have an a7rII and lenses ... I would just go with A7II or A7SII
    The APS-C sensor size along with the associated camera size.
    I had an A7II and sold it. Since I started doing commercial photography my practice has been to have two bodies that are the same on a job. Back in film days it also meant two lens options. Now, with quality zooms I'm inclined to keep the second one handy as backup.

The A7RII and A7II were just enough different to be mildly frustrating on the job if I swapped back and forth. Or even as a backup. So I sold the A7II with the intent of buying another A7RII.

Then Sony threw a wrench in the works by announcing the A6300. It has some appealing capabilities, offers the smaller sensor/file size and works interchangeably with the lenses for the A7RII, including via the adapters I have.

The only additional lens will be one ASP-C zoom, for a compact base setup.

And as Vivek mentioned I'll be able to use the Nissin Di700a system interchangeably as well.

It really just boils down to should I buy one more A7RII or two A6300s to complete my kit for events. I'll always want the A7RII for architecture, art documentation and personal work. Which also suggests, that unless the A6300 has something that really stands out, I'd be happier with a second A7RII.

Post Thanks / Like

If you found the small differences between A7RII & A7II mildly frustrating, I can't begin to imagine what the difference between the A6300 and A7RII would do to you
    A7II, FE 35, 55 C/Y 18, 28, 85, 100, 28-85

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I had the a6000 as backup and secondary and it was really nice. I'm getting a A6300 soon I hope.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    If you found the small differences between A7RII & A7II mildly frustrating, I can't begin to imagine what the difference between the A6300 and A7RII would do to you
    That's why I'd have to get two A6300s.

Then use the A7RII in situations where I want the large files and deal with backup frustration.

Since I started using digital DSLRs with the 5D I've only had one camera failure on the job. That was when the mirror came off the frame on one of my 5D cameras. I finished the job with the other one. Then discovered that Canon had done a recall to fix the mirror problem about 3 months prior and I missed it.

And while shooting film the only time I had a camera problem was when a Hasselblad mirror box distorted in the cold and the mirror would stick half way up. So, two camera malfunctions in over 40 years and hundreds of thousands of exposures. But I still won't go on a job without a backup. Just call me risk adverse.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ran through the detailed spec sheets on the Sony site for the 6300 and the A7RII.
    Its interesting to see how many of the specs are the same. Including the EVF resolution.

One thing that prompted me to look at the specs was to see what the size comparison is:

W H D
    A7RII: 4.69 x 2.74 x 1.50 in 20.53 oz / 22.05 oz with battery and media

6300: 4.72 x 2.63 x 1.92 in 12.73 ox / 14.25 oz with battery and media

The dimensions surprise me. I expected the 6300 to be a little smaller.

For comparison here are two Fuji X system cameras;
    X Pro 2 5.5 x 3.3 x 1.8 in 17.5 oz including battery and media
    XT-1 5.0 x 3.5 x 1.8 in 15.7 oz including battery and media

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adamk View Post
    I am rather new to these 4/3rd cameras .. / .. or is it just better to use a SONY lens that is built for this system?
    It's an APS-C although the small size is comparable to the Micro 4/3rds variety.

The only lenses I use with adapters on my a6000 are manual focus small M-mount lenses. If you want autofocus I'd use the Sony lenses made for it. There is a 20mm f2.8 pancake (30mm equivalent in 35mm terms); I have it and like it although there are many moaners out there that don't. It makes this camera a very pocketable kit. The Sony 35mm f1.8 on it is also excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-orders now possible and is supposed to ship March 10

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a piece by Brian Smith on the A6300

To me it reads a bit too much as a Sony press release, but to every blogger their own. However, maybe it's mentioned before but hadn't registered with me until today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Smith
    Auto ISO with Minimum Shutter Speed
    When working with ISO Auto settings, you can configure a minimum shutter speed setting to better ensure sharp imagery.
    Not sure that for me it justifies the upgrade from an A6000, but it's certainly one of the new features I would appreciate a lot.
    My Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    ...see what the size comparison is:
    Camerasize.com is your friend:
    http://j.mp/1TcP0MX#sthash.Zf6DuHIM.dpuf

Post Thanks / Like

I read from another review that using full frame lenses on the a6000 will not be as sharp as using the same lens on a true full frame camera. Is there any validity to this?