The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A few of the lenses I can put on Sony A7rII

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Erik for showing these interesting combinations .
Can you please give some info about what adapter and adapter/lens holder you use for the HASSELBLAD solution ?
Thank you .

Jürgen

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

The web page has been updated with some more info:

http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/A7Flex/

Some interesting stuff:

I five of the examples the HCam Master TSII is shown. This is an adapter with a Sony FE mount on the back and a Canon EF mount on the front. It can be used with all Canon EF mount lenses and yields +/-15 mm shift and 10 degrees tilt.

Shift is useful to avoid converging verticals and tilt allows for tilting the plane of sharpness.

This combo gives my old Hasselblad lenses a new hang of life. The large image circle gives around 12 mm of shift. The same goes for my Pentax 67 lenses.

The Canon 16-35/4 allows some shift and full tilt. The downside is that the lens needs to be stopped down before mounting on the adapter.

The Rodenstock Rodagon 50/2.8 is hopefully usable as a macro lens, and the same applies to the Photar. Here they are shown in the Zork Mini Makro Mount that allows some focusing.

Best regards
Erik

Can you please give some info about what adapter and adapter/lens holder you use for the HASSELBLAD solution ?
Thank you .

Jürgen

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Erik .:thumbup:

Stefan Steib from HCam is not far from my place .
I might contact him and meet him .

ErikKaffehr

Hi Jürgen,

I use the Novoflex adapter on Stefan's recommendation. First I tried the "Fotodiox adapter" but that was quite crappy. The Novoflex is cleanly made. It consists of two parts a Canon back end and a Hasselblad front end.

The Novoflex has rather small internal diameter, but I don't think it matters. There is some shading with shifts above 12 mm, but I think it comes from the internal baffles of the HCam Master TSII.

For the Pentax I bought a Kipon (Pentax 67 to Canon EF) adapter. It is similar to the Novoflex, although the black painting on the inside of the Novoflex is better (more matte and less glossy).

I have tried the Planar 100/3.5 and the Distagon 60/3.5 with "shift panos" on the A7rII the Planar 100/3.5 was pretty good and the Distagon was quite OK.

Best regards
Erik

Thank you .

Jürgen

Last edited:

ErikKaffehr

Some more sample images of the HCam Master TSII

Hi,

This page shows some more images of the HCam Master TS:
http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/Shoots/HCam_Master_TSII/

This page shows some image samples with Hasselblad lenses on the A7rII: http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/Articles/H_CF_Lenses_on_A7rII/

The Master TSII allows something like 12 mm shift, so, the camera in vertical position and used shifted stitching I can get an image size 48x36 mm, about the same as with my P45+ (49x37 mm), but with twice the pixel amount.

All stitching done in Lightroom.

Best regards
Erik

daf

Re: Some more sample images of the HCam Master TSII

Hi Erik,
Could you check what is the image circle of the 25 photar at infinity?
Thanks a lot
David