Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Speedbooster alternative?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rawfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    2,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Speedbooster alternative?

    Is there any quality alternatives out there for the speedbooster for Canon EF lenses? The only I could find was the viltrox and one of the reviewers said it's not very good (Amazon.com : Viltrox Ef-e F/booster Speed Canon EOS Lens to Sony E Mount NEX Auto Focus Af Adapter : Camera & Photo)

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfa View Post
    Is there any quality alternatives out there for the speedbooster for Canon EF lenses? The only I could find was the viltrox and one of the reviewers said it's not very good (Amazon.com : Viltrox Ef-e F/booster Speed Canon EOS Lens to Sony E Mount NEX Auto Focus Af Adapter : Camera & Photo)
    I think the only alternative that I know of is to actually go FF.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rawfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    2,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    I think the only alternative that I know of is to actually go FF.
    Oh, come on now. Lets not threadjack and start the old apsc vs ff flames. I aready have an a7ii and now I want to replace my a6000 for an a6300 and be able to use canon glass in apsc an ff.

  4. #4
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfa View Post
    Oh, come on now. Lets not threadjack and start the old apsc vs ff flames. I aready have an a7ii and now I want to replace my a6000 for an a6300 and be able to use canon glass in apsc an ff.
    Not threadjacking or debating. There's a place for both formats. I was simply stating that I don't know of any highly rated speedbooster alternative other than going FF.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    I would strongly second what Tre said.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    I use the Speedbooster fron Zhongy Leica R to Nex, also have one eos to Nex; only affected if light on top center, can flare purple; but I use for b&w; I understand the newer version is better; and I won't pay 700$'s for Metabones...hope this helps, Takomaru

  7. #7
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    There are several alternatives. This seems to be one of the better ones:

    http://www.zyoptics.net/product-cate...urbo-adapters/

    I have to admit that I tend to agree with HiredArm though. The cost and hassle of more adapters in many ways negate the advantages of the smaller camera. Every time I consider buying a Speed Booster or similar for my m4/3 camera, I end up finding that an A7 body would do a better job in more or less every way.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    I have heard good things about Lens Turbo II EF to Emount focus reducer. Although designed for Canon EF lenses, I last remember there was no electronic communication and hence would be more useful for adapting other lenses, like Nikkor, OM, and Leica R.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    I have heard good things about Lens Turbo II EF to Emount focus reducer. Although designed for Canon EF lenses, I last remember there was no electronic communication and hence would be more useful for adapting other lenses, like Nikkor, OM, and Leica R.
    Sorry, I used the Word Speedbooster instead of Lens Turbo; I use the one for Leica R, but as you mention Mazor, there is no electronic communication; it works great thou for 150 bucks

  10. #10
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,594
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Speedbooster alternative?

    Couple of hearsays in favor of something that is inferior to the Speedbooster?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •