The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Speedbooster alternative?

Rawfa

I think the only alternative that I know of is to actually go FF.
Oh, come on now. Lets not threadjack and start the old apsc vs ff flames. I aready have an a7ii and now I want to replace my a6000 for an a6300 and be able to use canon glass in apsc an ff.

iiiNelson

Oh, come on now. Lets not threadjack and start the old apsc vs ff flames. I aready have an a7ii and now I want to replace my a6000 for an a6300 and be able to use canon glass in apsc an ff.
Not threadjacking or debating. There's a place for both formats. I was simply stating that I don't know of any highly rated speedbooster alternative other than going FF.

takomaru

I use the Speedbooster fron Zhongy Leica R to Nex, also have one eos to Nex; only affected if light on top center, can flare purple; but I use for b&w; I understand the newer version is better; and I won't pay 700$'s for Metabones...hope this helps, Takomaru

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are several alternatives. This seems to be one of the better ones:

http://www.zyoptics.net/product-category/lens-turbo-adapters/

I have to admit that I tend to agree with HiredArm though. The cost and hassle of more adapters in many ways negate the advantages of the smaller camera. Every time I consider buying a Speed Booster or similar for my m4/3 camera, I end up finding that an A7 body would do a better job in more or less every way.

mazor

I have heard good things about Lens Turbo II EF to Emount focus reducer. Although designed for Canon EF lenses, I last remember there was no electronic communication and hence would be more useful for adapting other lenses, like Nikkor, OM, and Leica R.

takomaru

I have heard good things about Lens Turbo II EF to Emount focus reducer. Although designed for Canon EF lenses, I last remember there was no electronic communication and hence would be more useful for adapting other lenses, like Nikkor, OM, and Leica R.
Sorry, I used the Word Speedbooster instead of Lens Turbo; I use the one for Leica R, but as you mention Mazor, there is no electronic communication; it works great thou for 150 bucks

V

Vivek

Couple of hearsays in favor of something that is inferior to the Speedbooster? :LOL: