Site Sponsors

Thread: Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Profile

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Profile

The A7rII is really a fantastic camera, however for what I do, I don't need all new features, but mostly the Liveview tethering and the Picture Profile. Do you think A7r can have these features with a firmware update, or is there a hardware limitation? Of course whether Sony wants to do it is another matter.

If I remember correctly, A7r used to have Liveview tethering with Capture One back when the firmware was 1.0.x, and somehow this get disable after firmware 2.0. This is quite a shitty move from Sony I have to say.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yashima View Post
    The A7rII is really a fantastic camera, however for what I do, I don't need all new features, but mostly the Liveview tethering and the Picture Profile. Do you think A7r can have these features with a firmware update, or is there a hardware limitation? Of course whether Sony wants to do it is another matter.

If I remember correctly, A7r used to have Liveview tethering with Capture One back when the firmware was 1.0.x, and somehow this get disable after firmware 2.0. This is quite a shitty move from Sony I have to say.
    There's a hardware limitation and only FE cameras from the A7S on ever received LiveView tethering in C1P8.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Is there a firmware coming for A7r that enable Liveview tethering and Picture Pro

Here is the bush-league way I do live view, sans software.

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/531...tml#post620614

Robert