The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Venus Optics 12mm full frame lens

jfirneno

Does anyone have any experience with a Chinese company called Venus Optics? SAR is linking some photos that are supposed to be from a future e-mount 12mm lens. I guess I'm falling behind on my research. Never heard of Venus Optics.

jfirneno

They released a 15mm macro with shift a while ago. There's a thread on FM but no user images yet. Interesting images through the link though...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1372179/0

The 12mm will be interesting to compare to the (slower) VC when it arrives...
Yes. I'm on the waiting list for the VC 10mm so it will be interesting to see what it looks like. Of course being an f/2.8 I've got to imagine it will be much, much bigger but also more useful for astro.

jfirneno

Something we all can look forward too now we have 2 options. I love my VC15mm III
That's for sure. If you had told me a year ago that I would soon have two e-mount full frame 12mm lenses for the A7 cameras to choose from, I'd have said you were mistaken. Options are nice to have.