The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7RII with Canon EF or Leica M/R lenses, Adobe lens profiles and C1 or DxO

TriElmar

Hi,

I use the A7RII also with Canon EF (Metabones IV) or Leica M/R lenses.

In Adobe ACR you can assign the respective lens profile to the Sony RAW file and this works perfectly.

Capture One has only very few lens profiles available.

DxO Optics Pro has tons of profiles (only a few for LEICA) but it is impossible to choose a Camera/lens combination freely. There are only fixed combinations for native lenses. So existing lens profiles for Canon EF or LEICA M/R lenses cannot be used with Sony A7RII RAW files in DxO.

Now here is my question: Is there a way/trick to apply lens profiles in ACR and save the corrected files as RAW files (i.e. to bake in the corrections into a DNG) which you afterwards can open in other RAW converters and the ACR lens profiles are still applied? Normally all corrections made in ACR are lost because the ACR side car files are not used by other RAW converters.

Many thanks for your help or ideas!

Luvwine

Hi,

I use the A7RII also with Canon EF (Metabones IV) or Leica M/R lenses.

In Adobe ACR you can assign the respective lens profile to the Sony RAW file and this works perfectly.

Capture One has only very few lens profiles available.

DxO Optics Pro has tons of profiles (only a few for LEICA) but it is impossible to choose a Camera/lens combination freely. There are only fixed combinations for native lenses. So existing lens profiles for Canon EF or LEICA M/R lenses cannot be used with Sony A7RII RAW files in DxO.

Now here is my question: Is there a way/trick to apply lens profiles in ACR and save the corrected files as RAW files (i.e. to bake in the corrections into a DNG) which you afterwards can open in other RAW converters and the ACR lens profiles are still applied? Normally all corrections made in ACR are lost because the ACR side car files are not used by other RAW converters.

Many thanks for your help or ideas!

No help but I appreciate the question and hope someone can provide an answer. I have been looking at getting DxO as it seems like a good (better?) raw converter, but like you, I use a combination of Sony lenses and Leica M/R/CV lenses on the A7r2 and am not sure whether this makes DxO a nonstarter.