The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony Please Square Format with A7RII cameras!

Just had a chance to test out the Sony RX1R2 at my local camera store... Goddamn that thing is tiny! Pretty awesome!

As I heard previously, it has the options of 3:2, 16:9, 1:1 and 4:3 as crop options..

C'mon Sony, please include this in your "flagship" camera, the Sony A7R2..

Just had a chance to test out the Sony RX1R2 at my local camera store... Goddamn that thing is tiny! Pretty awesome!

As I heard previously, it has the options of 3:2, 16:9, 1:1 and 4:3 as crop options..

C'mon Sony, please include this in your "flagship" camera, the Sony A7R2..
It's good to know they already included in the RX1R2.

BTW there is a rumor of a new Sony:

“the new sensor will be between 70 – 80 Megapixels. They are working on improved IBIS as well. Although officially the new lenses per the 24-70 F2.8 GM and the others have been tested for QC at 60+ Megapixels and 6K+ Video they achieve even better results than that.“

If true, is Sony going crazy, can it really be handled by existing lenses?