The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma MC11 Canon EF to E mount adapter

dmward

HERE is a link to a post with compatibility chart of Sigma lenses.

This suggests that, via the adapter, these lenses will function as one would expect a native lens to behave. There are a couple of interesting lenses on the list. The 120-300 F2.8. I had one for my Canon and its a great lens. If the adapter makes it function as a native E mount lens its a really compelling option. I still have the two matching Sigma teleconverters. I wonder if they would work as well as they did on the Canon?

120 2.8 to 600 F5.6 is a nice range.

dmward

g3rald

Here is a list of the functions the Sigma MC-11 adapter will support for each of the Sigma EF lenses. Notice not all of the FE functions are supported.
Particularly the AFC.

http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/cas/product/accessories/mount-converter/
Could it be because focal plane hybrid af is not on all the cameras? Atm, iirc it's only a7rm2 and a7m2.
Let's hope that the compatibility list is conservative, and focal plane phase detection is support.

Fast hybrid af is on AF-C only,so the text on sigma site is a little confusing.

ohnri

This is really big news.

Not for me as I am pretty close to fully lensed out. But for any A7r2 or a6300 owner that is lens shopping ... Wow!

-Bill

Glad I sold my two to get the Sony zoom. I'm native today so worked out good.
I'm still loving the ART 20mm ƒ1.4. The MC-11 will likely be permanently attached to that one, while my Metabones will live on the Canon 135mm ƒ2. They both perform so well on the Sony, I tend to think of them as native lenses. (although I'd drop the Canon in a heartbeat for a native 135mm GM!)

dmward

This adapter makes the Sigma 120-300 a consideration for me.
I had the Canon version before they updated to the Sport designation.
Its a great lens and probably would go for it rather than 2.8 70-200 Sony GM and then also sell of my Tamron 150-600 with is a nice lens but longer than I really need.

Sigma MC-11 shipped

Just got notice from B&H that they've shipped my MC-11 adapter. Looking forward to native performance from my 20mm ƒ1.4!

Hi MikeEvangelist,
That is great news, I guess the million dollar question is whether this adapter will work with non Sigma Canon lenses....

Do you have any straight Canon mount lenses to try it on by any chance?

Thanks in advance!

MC-11 just arrived. It is made in Japan. As you might expect, it's well made and nicely finished. Both mounts fit snugly and click into place solidly.

My only Sigma lens, the 20mm ƒ1.4 ART, works well. It picks up focus magnify on manual focus and Eye AF, along with more complete/accurate EXIF lens data. Nice.

As has already been reported, there is basic functionality with Canon lenses. I only have one Canon lens, a 135mm ƒ2 L, but that works as expected. My initial impression is that it doesn't focus quite as sure-footedly as the Metabones, with this lens. Also I notice that the EXIF data isn't as good as when the same lens is used on the Metabones. The Metabones reports the Canon lens as: 135mm F2 G SSM which it is, while the MC-11 shows: DT 135mm F0 SAM.

NoBob

Bought the MC-11 today. Tried it out with Sigma 35mm Art and 50mm Art. They work fine. Tried it out with a Canon 35mm f/1.4 and 24mm mk2 TS. Both work fine as well.

msadat

i also tried the adapter with the sigma 85 and the old sigma 50mm 1.4 both which did not work with the fotix and it workded fine. the art 35 and 50 also work fine as reported.

dseelig

How well does it work with the a7 mk11 and canon lenses like the 70-200 f2.8 L is vr 2 and the versin2 85 1.2 and the 24-70 version 2 also the a7s 11 how does it work? I know the a7r mk11 it works great.

dseelig

How well does it work with the a7 mk11 and canon lenses like the 70-200 f2.8 L is vr 2 and the versin2 85 1.2 and the 24-70 version 2 also the a7s 11 how does it work? I know the a7r mk11 it works great.