Site Sponsors

Thread: GoDOX AD 360 power question

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GoDOX AD 360 power question

Have a big shoot next week and I rented some studio strobes for my main lights but using the 3 GoDOX I have for background and hair light. I shoot about 1200 images in a day and I think I may have enough power to go the full day. Bringing chargers with me and charge on breaks but I was wondering can these shoot being plugged in like you would to charge and shoot at the same time.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GoDOX AD 360 power question

I've never tried it.
    Unless you're going to fire them at full power, the 1200 pops should not drain the batteries completely.
    Plugging them in for a little bit of recharge during breaks might work. Not sure how that affects a Lithium Ion battery.

If you're in NY stop by Adorama or B&H and pick up a couple of spare batteries.

When I've used mine for major shoots the batteries have never gotten below 1/4 (one light) I rarely have them even close to full power.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GoDOX AD 360 power question

Thanks David I have spares coming but my feeling is I will be at 1/4 power anyway. I'm just making a white seamless stay white behind models for cutting out background easier. So I don't need a lot of power. I'm most like going to shoot at f6.3 anyway for the front lights. Full model shots with Batis 85 is perfect for this stuff
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com