Site Sponsors

Thread: Please compare a7II, a7rII

Post Thanks / Like

Please compare a7II, a7rII

Aside from the MP and size of file differences

i.e., the viewfinder: the a7II shimmers when a detailed subject is in focus, does the a7rII do the same?

electronic shutter: the a7II is sufficiently responsive for my needs when the electronic first curtain is enabled but it fails at shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 sec with my adapted lenses resulting in uneven exposure. Does the a7rII electronic shutter have similar problems?

What other differences have you noticed?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please compare a7II, a7rII

Doug,
    I don't remember having either problem you've attributed to the A7II with mine.
    The electronic shutter problem related to adapted lenses may have more to do with the adapter/lens/camera interconnection.

What version firmware are you running in the camera? V3.1 is latest and I've not have any problems with it.
    What kind of adapter?
    Which adapted lenses?

What is the resolution you have set for the view finder?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please compare a7II, a7rII

Quote Originally Posted by dmward View Post
    Doug,
    I don't remember having either problem you've attributed to the A7II with mine.
    The electronic shutter problem related to adapted lenses may have more to do with the adapter/lens/camera interconnection.

What version firmware are you running in the camera? V3.1 is latest and I've not have any problems with it.
    What kind of adapter?
    Which adapted lenses?

What is the resolution you have set for the view finder?
    Just updated to v3.1, I'll have to try again. Lenses are Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R with Novoflex dumb adapter and Canon FD 500mm f/4.5 L with dumb adapter. I'm totally OK with the viewfinder shimmering (maximum quality , I use it to quickly determine optimum focus. I'm hoping the a7rII does the same.