Site Sponsors

Thread: NIK collection for $0

Post Thanks / Like

NIK collection for $0

This isn't a Sony centric thing but thought my Sony friends would want to know that starting today, you can grab the entire NIK Collection of PI's for free. Here you go:

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
    www.douglaswoodphotography.com
    Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NIK collection for $0

Cool!

Just grabbed it.

I hadn't used Silver EFX before, but it seems do quite a nice job. The pushed Tri-X preset brings back some good memories!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jack with canvas backdrop-5-Edit.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	117422
    Last edited by MikeEvangelist; 24th March 2016 at 17:35.

Post Thanks / Like

If you bought it in 2016 you get a refund. A nice gesture, but a slap in the face if you are among the early adopters.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Typical Google. Buy a company with a suite of popular applications, for God knows what strategic reasons, then stop all development and offer virtually no support for users. Perhaps they are just using their muscle to eliminate a potential source of future competition. These are classic "shelving" strategies, and consumers are the ones who get shafted.

So now Nik is free. Grab it while you can, because shortly you won't be able to download them anymore. Nik Silver Efx is still the best B/W conversion application, and was worth the price even when it wasn't free.

Post Thanks / Like

sweeeeet.....
    the HepKitty

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    Typical Google. Buy a company with a suite of popular applications, for God knows what strategic reasons, then stop all development and offer virtually no support for users. Perhaps they are just using their muscle to eliminate a potential source of future competition. These are classic "shelving" strategies, and consumers are the ones who get shafted.

So now Nik is free. Grab it while you can, because shortly you won't be able to download them anymore. Nik Silver Efx is still the best B/W conversion application, and was worth the price even when it wasn't free.
    Just wait for the announcement of a subscription to keep it working.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i paid for this product and i wish i could still pay for it, cause now there is no more. most probably when adobe changes something in photoshop, it will stop working and thats the end of it

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post

Post Thanks / Like

From The Luminous Landscape

Some good news:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert DeCandido PhD
    Update: Mar. 29, 3:16pm EST: Google confirmed to Quartz that the Nik Collection will continue to be updated for compatibility with other operating systems and programs, including Lightroom and Photoshop, but there will be no new versions of the suite in the future.
    Even better news (on the next page):
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D Segal
    Not only that, there is now a set of four training videos on the Nik collection available free of charge courtesy of Tim Grey here: Tim Grey Learning Nik Bundle
    My Pics
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post