The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the 85mm f/1.4 Sony GM....

Oh boy. I must not follow this thread. I must not follow this thread. I must not follow this thread. I must not follow this thread.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Better not Mike. I'm picking mine up in the morning. It's going to get ugly around here for the budget minded. Lol

These shots, with their beautiful rendering, makes me all the more excited/hopeful that Sony will (soon) release a 135mm ƒ1.8 GM.

hcubell

Initially, it would appear to be a complete mystery why someone has nothing better to do with his time than to hang around a Forum dedicated to a camera system that he doesn't own and make repetitive, gratuitous comments. Then, I think back to elementary school where there was always a kid who loved to taunt the other kids and become a scapegoat.

camping

Forgive the fella...
Donald Trump would say it is the change of seasons in the Southern Hemisphere that is affecting him.

Lucille

My son captured this image with my Sony A7R II and the 85mm G Master.

We have also found better contrast and more pop at f/1.6 or f/1.7 as opposed to f/1.4, though f/1.4 is still nice.

This is shot at f/1.7, a storm was threatening which added to the mood of this capture.

Jim DE

I like your son's choice in subjects!!!!! I started with that company in the facility that used to make the old original challengers and cuda's in the 70's. Had a TA at one time. Those were the day's hearing the muscle cars fire up on roll test and shake the rafters..... Ironically one of the last plants I was in before retiring was Connor Ave where our current apex muscle car is made .. Sort of made a perfect circle.. Thanks for that memory!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Initially, it would appear to be a complete mystery why someone has nothing better to do with his time than to hang around a Forum dedicated to a camera system that he doesn't own and make repetitive, gratuitous comments. Then, I think back to elementary school where there was always a kid who loved to taunt the other kids and become a scapegoat.
Because "someone" likes to look at great photos, which there are many of at this Sony forum, and because "someone" is interested in photography regardless what gear is used to capture the images. Also, the new 85mm from Sony seems to be one of the very best 85mm lenses around, which is clearly shown by the images posted here and elsewhere on the Internet. It's great to see that Sony is making progress. What is your reason for owning a camera?

seb

No cool cars, no cool guys, only rain.

We have a rainy day and I had a hard day at work. So, I just wanted to shoot something with the lens and I had fun. :)

Zurich (f7.1, ISO 640, 1/125, no crop)

Raindrops on a window (f1.7, ISO 100, 1/60, no crop)

Sebelmännchen (f1.4, ISO 100, 1/30, no crop)

creamy bokeh! (f1.4 ISO 640, 1/30, no crop)

Last edited: