The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best prices for the A7R II?

V

Vivek

What are the best (new) present prices for this camera? It has been out for a while.

Is there a better one than t-dimension's offer?

(Disclaimer: i do not want to indulge in any discussions about customs duty, taxes, etc.)

TIA!

The Ute

In the US the best you can do new is around $2700.
Got mine on Ebay for that price w a 3 year seller warranty.

iiiNelson

I'll echo what was said. The normal going price here is in the $27-3000 range but the cheapest I've seen was ~$24-2500 for an open box/refurb. I imagine once a new model higher up the totem pole is announced the prices will drop to the $2500 range new.

Knorp

Hi Vivek, you may try eGlobal Central Europe having the A7R2 in stock and shipping from warehouses in Europe.

All the best.

iiiNelson

Anyone see any non-gray market sales going on in USA? I may need to go ahead and get one body this weekend until the rumored A9/A7R3 is released due to improved everything (but mostly AF).

UHDR

That is >€300 than the one I know.
i use price.com.hk to check for lowest possible price (including the ones that you cant do postal order, but just to keep the figure in mind).
in my opinion, the cheapest place to get a camera (90% of the time) is hong kong (where t-dimension is based), where there is no VAT/import duty. the A7rII shop/street price at the moment is around 2157 EUR. i know hk based ebayer normally charge about 10-15% more, so that's roughly what you will find on ebay (t-dimension/infinity/2cam). depending on the exchange rate, sometimes taiwan and japan sellers will do it a bit cheaper (only about few %), but most will not help you with packaging/duty.

that's how i check my price for international imports. hope this helps. :grin: