Site Sponsors

Thread: ZF 25 2.0 vs Batis 25 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

ZF 25 2.0 vs Batis 25 2.0?

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has compared the ZF/ZE 25mm f/2 to the Batis 25 f/2 on a Sony A7 series?

I would go with the Batis, but I'd rather have as many Nikon mount aperture ring lenses that I can get (except for maybe the Canon 35 1.4L II and Sigma 20 1.4 Canon mounts), so they can be used with multiple systems (ZF will mount on Sony, Nikon, and Canon).

There are native lenses that are a no-brainer, like the Loxia 21, and the Batis 18, but if there is a ZF mount that performs the same or better, I'd like to choose the non-native lens instead.

The ZF 25 f/2 would be used with a Metabones Nikon F adapter (non-electronic). I'm wondering about corner performance compared to the Batis. I've read that the ZF/ZE is very good in the center at all apertures.

Has anyone compared the two?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ZF 25 2.0 vs Batis 25 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by rjp85 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has compared the ZF/ZE 25mm f/2 to the Batis 25 f/2 on a Sony A7 series?

I would go with the Batis, but I'd rather have as many Nikon mount aperture ring lenses that I can get (except for maybe the Canon 35 1.4L II and Sigma 20 1.4 Canon mounts), so they can be used with multiple systems (ZF will mount on Sony, Nikon, and Canon).

There are native lenses that are a no-brainer, like the Loxia 21, and the Batis 18, but if there is a ZF mount that performs the same or better, I'd like to choose the non-native lens instead.

The ZF 25 f/2 would be used with a Metabones Nikon F adapter (non-electronic). I'm wondering about corner performance compared to the Batis. I've read that the ZF/ZE is very good in the center at all apertures.

Has anyone compared the two?
    im not 100% sure but I assume that an adapter like the Metabones or Sigma MC11 would allow you to adjust Canon versions of the Zeiss lenses. In any case the 25 Batis is an amazing lens IMO. I can't compare it to the manual versions but I'd assume they were pretty close in optical performance.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: ZF 25 2.0 vs Batis 25 2.0?

I have never had the ZF Distagon in hand so can't speak from first hand experience, but there is an interesting comparison at DXO

Comparison: Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 vs. Zeiss Distagon T 25mm f/2 vs. Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21 - DxOMark