Site Sponsors

Thread: The Art of Photography

Post Thanks / Like

The Art of Photography

This isn't a Sony specific thing but thought I'd share this here anyway. A gentleman by the name of Ted Forbes runs a Youtube channel called 'The Art of Photography'. It covers a wide range of subjects like product reviews, techniques, photography basics etc., but I think one of the most interesting sections is Ted's discussions of various photographers' work. Ted is a very knowledgeable guy and I really enjoy his videos. He's recently started to publish videos that he calls 'The Artist Series' that I find very interesting, insightful, educational and inspiring. Anyway, I though some of my friends here might be interested. The link to Ted's channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7T..._3afWKTOGtLlBA

-Doug
    www.douglaswoodphotography.com
    Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Art of Photography

Yes - I entirely agree. I've only recently discovered The Art of Photography site, but it's an excellent site, and as you say, it's very interesting and informative.

It's great to find a site on which photography is very much the MAIN topic of discussion, while equipment - although covered - mostly takes a back seat.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ted is a nice guy, we met at AIPAD in NYC but have chatted on and off via social media over the years. He has some of the best material on YT. It also has to be kept in mind that this channel is his full time job so he has to toss in a lot of gear reviews etc to help drive the view and pay the bills.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielDuarte View Post
    It also has to be kept in mind that this channel is his full time job so he has to toss in a lot of gear reviews etc to help drive the view and pay the bills.
    Just for clarity, my comment about the lower presence of gear-orientated content on The Art of Photography site, was certainly intended to be a positive one.

Ted Forbes does, understandably, do gear reviews etc., and this provides the finance for him to produce a high-quality site. Thankfully, he manages to keep the main emphasis on the art, rather than on the gear, and you can tell from his presentations that the art is what really motivates him. IMHO, he does a superb job in producing a first-class website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tbhv55 View Post
    Just for clarity, my comment about the lower presence of gear-orientated content on The Art of Photography site, was certainly intended to be a positive one.

Ted Forbes does, understandably, do gear reviews etc., and this provides the finance for him to produce a high-quality site. Thankfully, he manages to keep the main emphasis on the art, rather than on the gear, and you can tell from his presentations that the art is what really motivates him. IMHO, he does a superb job in producing a first-class website.

Oh yeah for sure, I didn't take your post as a slight against him at all.

Besides the content, his production value is the stuff of my dreams. My experience with video and color is like .000001% of his.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    This isn't a Sony specific thing but thought I'd share this here anyway. A gentleman by the name of Ted Forbes runs a Youtube channel called 'The Art of Photography'.
    Excellent idea Doug. Ted Forbes' presentations certainly warrant word of mouth divulgence among the photography community.