The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony a6300 with Sony 70-200/2.8G and LEA-3

MikalWGrass

I currently shoot with an ancient Sony a900 and two lenses, the ZA 135/1.8 and the Sony 70-200/2.8G (1st version). I shoot a lot of swimming and water polo, and have pretty much reached the limits of the camera for my kind of photography.

I was thinking of getting the a6300, and then maybe selling the 135/1.8 or keep it as a backup with the a900.

Maybe someone can answer a few questions for me:

1. Will I have to stop down focus the 70-200/2.8G on the a6300?

2. If so, how does that affect the fps if I need to shoot at f8? Doesn't stop down focusing pretty much kill the idea of the fast fps focusing of the a6300 because I have to initially focus at f2.8.

3. If I have to stop down focus at f2.8 and have to shoot at f8 or f11, how do I change the aperture without losing sight of what I am shooting? I guess that means I will have to shoot on aperture priority not shutter priority. Water polo moves very quickly.

4. Does the LEA-3 adapter permit me to receive the benefit of the 11fps, or will there be a lessening of the 11 fps?

5. Does the LEA-3 adapter soften the images, like the 1.4x extender can do?

If I mixed up terminology or need correction on terminology, please correct me.

I cannot affored the new 70-200/2.8 GM lens so this will be a set up that will need to last me a short while.

Thank you for your help.:salute:

Mikal