The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TechArt Pro Ver3.0.0 firmware released

Knorp

I did install FW.3.0 without any problem but I decided to revert back to FW 2.0 which in my experience is much more stable. With the new FW I had in 15 minutes several lock-up which I never experienced before: suddenly the camera went back by itself to MF (with focus peacking activated) and had had to switch it off to restore operations.

k-hawinkler

My update process gets as far as this:

LM-EA7
Firmware for LM-EA7 Ver3.0.0 20160626 √

Read file success
Discovering adapter LM-EA7 ......
Found 1 adapter LM-EA7
Connecting adapter LM-EA7 ......
Connect adapter LM-EA7 success
Discovering service for updata......

I have waited far longer then 10 minutes. Nothing.
My lens is still at Ver.02.

What am I missing? TIA

UPDATE

Now I get in the lower left corner of the screen running numbers, counting down.
In the lower right corner rssi: -90db. <- Those db numbers fluctuate between -84 and -92.

SUCCESS! looks like this:

LM-EA7

Read file success
Found 1 adapter LM-EA7
Discovering service for updata (sic!)......
Discover service success
Discover characteristics success
Writing firmware data to adapter LM-EA7, please wait......
Write data success
Verify data success
Install firmware into adatper (sic!) LM-EA7
Adapter LM-EA7 firmware updata (sic!) success!

0>>0 rssi: -88...

I checked the lens, it's now at Ver.03!

I wonder what caused the problems I encountered?
I hadn't used the adapter in a couple of weeks it seems.
Could the adapter internal battery have been to low to sustain the bluetooth connection to my iPad?
Or something was wrong at the server, Internet, etc.?

Now let's see whether this is an improvement over Ver.02 or not for my lenses.

BTW, during the update process I used an iPad3 and had a Meike battery grip attached to the A7r2.

Last edited:
My update process gets as far as this:

LM-EA7

Read file success
Found 1 adapter LM-EA7
Discovering service for updata......

I have waited far longer then 10 minutes. Nothing.
My lens is still at Ver.02.

What am I missing? TIA

UPDATE

Now I get in the lower left corner of the screen running numbers, counting down.
In the lower right corner rssi: -90db. <- Those db numbers fluctuate between -84 and -92.
Lens at ver 02 means that has been updated to FW 3.0 (FW 2.0 corresponds to lens ver 01)
From the Techart web site Admin:
"Admin
June 20, 2016 at 10:44 am Reply
Sorry for the confusion. LENS ver.01 = Firmware v2.0"

Last edited:
I find really strange that no information whatsoever is available on the Techart web site about this FW. I have requested info to the technical service, but I am still waiting for their reply. As I said before for me it does not work and I have installed again the older 2.0. Wait and see

Knorp

Lens at ver 02 means that has been updated to FW 3.0 (FW 2.0 corresponds to lens ver 01)
From the Techart web site Admin:
"Admin
June 20, 2016 at 10:44 am Reply
Sorry for the confusion. LENS ver.01 = Firmware v2.0"
My update went smoothly and my lens version now reads "Ver. 0.3".
So far I had a few lock ups (black screen) and some odd hunting. No clue yet what's causing this or under what situation.
PowerOff/PowerOn cures it.

k-hawinkler

Thanks Bart. "Ver. 0.3" really? Isn't it Ver.03, no? :facesmack: :grin:

Thanks Ario. I agree with you, this new version seems more fragile. However, I will live with it for awhile and more fully explore what it does. :banghead: :LOL:

k-hawinkler

On my A7r2 I have: Body: ILCE-7RM2 Ver. 3.20 and Lens Ver.03.

I have now successfully initialized 15mm=F11, 35mm=F22, 50mm=F25, 90mm=F29 and taken correctly exposed images with F=2 showing the correct Exif that I had set.
However, when I choose 135mm=F32 the camera switches from AF to MF and is stuck there until I reset with F11,22,25, or 29.

Puzzled! :loco:

Here is the instruction page from the manual that came with the adapter.

Jim DE

To me Tech Art appears to be about like DJI is with their drones.... they have great idea's but just are not up to the demands of a world market and the expectations other regions have with firmware updates and product reliability. The happiest day of my life was getting rid of that DJI drone for half of what I had in it... what a POS it was with absolutely no product quality or reliability. Glad I never went the TechArt route with the setup and firmware hiccups I read others experiencing with these adapter. If it works; your good as gold... if it doesn't? Well it appears to be akin to standing naked in a blizzard in a white out.........

V

Vivek

Jim, That is an interesting way to call a product a POS without actually calling it a POS. :LOL:

I would never do that to the FE 50/1.8! ;)