The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

$3,500.00! FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS

V

Vivek

It is all sold out!

May be they should increase the price tag?:rolleyes:

Pradeep

Interesting. I gave up on f2.8 lenses in this FL a while ago, didn't think the extra stop justified the weight penalty. Maybe they will come up with an f4 version too, in the GM range.

BTW, does anybody else have a problem with clicking on any posted link on GetDPI? I keep getting a 'security Alert' warning no matter which computer I use - at home or work. Even copying and pasting the link gives me the same error - stating there is 'malware' on the GetDPI site which might compromise my computer.

Annna T

Interesting.

BTW, does anybody else have a problem with clicking on any posted link on GetDPI? I keep getting a 'security Alert' warning no matter which computer I use - at home or work. Even copying and pasting the link gives me the same error - stating there is 'malware' on the GetDPI site which might compromise my computer.
Yes, it is a pervasive problem since now four weeks there is more about it in the Site Talk forum http://www.getdpi.com/forum/site-talk/58759-fishing-problem-when-viewing-images-stored-flickr.html

k-hawinkler

I would like to see some honest independent reviews about the lens, including teleconverters.
Also of interest to me is whether there are initial or copy variation problems. Hopefully none!
Infomercials by the usual folks don't seem particularly useful to me.

V

Vivek

I would like to see some honest independent reviews about the lens, including teleconverters.
Also of interest to me is whether there are initial or copy variation problems. Hopefully none!
Infomercials by the usual folks don't seem particularly useful to me.
The new 50 is gorgeous in build, design and while larger than most 50 1.4’s, the quality here is simply gorgeous, almost to Zeiss Otus Levels. This lens is quite a bit smaller than the OTUS though and offers Auto Focus while coming in at $1900 less than the Otus.
Seems like a balanced "review" to me. :ROTFL:

I did not know that it is a Sony Zeiss lens!

Now that explains the 1800 Euro price tag! :clap:

Jim DE

Considering the current price of the A mount 70-200mm: $2600 for a E mount GM make's it far more realistic for those who use lenses of this focal length. I don't use the 2.8 70-200mm I have and I got it for $800 as it is not a lens I personally have much need for. So it still will be a no for me but I can see wedding photogs sucking these up as that type lens is a mainstay for them.