The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Jim DE

Anyone else experiencing AF issues using this adapter on A7rII's or a7II's? I use it with a 70-400mm Sony G lens and often AF goes inop and in the fn menu the focus show a greyed MF instead of the CAF or SAF mode. If I twist the assembly I sometimes get it to work and sometimes it takes unmounting slightly and remounting the assembly to the body for it to go back to AF(sort of like a hard reboot). I have cleaned all the contacts with alcohol (2 times) and even used fine electrical gold contact cleaner(once) the condition still occurs and usually at the most critical times while focusing on moving wildlife. Just wondering if my adapter has issues or if this does happen to others randomly and sporadically.

I have never been a big fan of adding things between the lens and body and this has proven just another reason why I feel this way.

The Ute

Anyone else experiencing AF issues using this adapter on A7rII's or a7II's? I use it with a 70-400mm Sony G lens and often AF goes inop and in the fn menu the focus show a greyed MF instead of the CAF or SAF mode. If I twist the assembly I sometimes get it to work and sometimes it takes unmounting slightly and remounting the assembly to the body for it to go back to AF(sort of like a hard reboot). I have cleaned all the contacts with alcohol (2 times) and even used fine electrical gold contact cleaner(once) the condition still occurs and usually at the most critical times while focusing on moving wildlife. Just wondering if my adapter has issues or if this does happen to others randomly and sporadically.

I have never been a big fan of adding things between the lens and body and this has proven just another reason why I feel this way.
I use it w a Tamron 70-300 and it works flawlessly.