Site Sponsors

Thread: Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Post Thanks / Like

Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Anyone else experiencing AF issues using this adapter on A7rII's or a7II's? I use it with a 70-400mm Sony G lens and often AF goes inop and in the fn menu the focus show a greyed MF instead of the CAF or SAF mode. If I twist the assembly I sometimes get it to work and sometimes it takes unmounting slightly and remounting the assembly to the body for it to go back to AF(sort of like a hard reboot). I have cleaned all the contacts with alcohol (2 times) and even used fine electrical gold contact cleaner(once) the condition still occurs and usually at the most critical times while focusing on moving wildlife. Just wondering if my adapter has issues or if this does happen to others randomly and sporadically.

I have never been a big fan of adding things between the lens and body and this has proven just another reason why I feel this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiccups using Laea3 Sony adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Anyone else experiencing AF issues using this adapter on A7rII's or a7II's? I use it with a 70-400mm Sony G lens and often AF goes inop and in the fn menu the focus show a greyed MF instead of the CAF or SAF mode. If I twist the assembly I sometimes get it to work and sometimes it takes unmounting slightly and remounting the assembly to the body for it to go back to AF(sort of like a hard reboot). I have cleaned all the contacts with alcohol (2 times) and even used fine electrical gold contact cleaner(once) the condition still occurs and usually at the most critical times while focusing on moving wildlife. Just wondering if my adapter has issues or if this does happen to others randomly and sporadically.

I have never been a big fan of adding things between the lens and body and this has proven just another reason why I feel this way.
    I use it w a Tamron 70-300 and it works flawlessly.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks UTE.... I am going to try the 150-600 on it and see if it is the lens or the adapter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Thanks UTE.... I am going to try the 150-600 on it and see if it is the lens or the adapter.
    You're most welcome.