The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date

iiiNelson

1. I have no idea what the early adopters "may" have wanted, but I know for a fact what they were offered at the outset by Sony in the way of native lenses....smaller, lighter, slower lenses that made sense because they matched the form factor of the body. Why they should have expected anything different for the future, I have no idea.
2. I guess it's possible there are some photographers out there who want big and heavy lenses because it looks more "professional", but I think it's more that they are willing to accept big and heavy, either because they think they need fast lenses or Sony is telling them that if they want the state of the art in optical quality, this is what they have to buy.
3. I looked at the DP Review sample raws for the new 50mm f/1.4 and the 55mm f/1.8. Perhaps someone can explain the difference in "rendering."
I don't know about any of that it seems that when the new castle sea are released there's usually a wait time if you don't preorder. Anytime I go to the local camera store or look online there's never a shortage of 28/2, 35/2.8, or the f/4 zooms (which aren't small). The faster stuff is usually sold out quickly. Of the original lenses the only one I own is the 55/1.8... Some complained about its size which is ridiculous.

As as for what people "need" I don't presume to tell people what they need. I do know what I need and that I desire the lenses they're making it. I've said it in the past but I'll say it again. I hope other people get their slow and small glass... I'll pass. I don't intend to want to be forced to shoot at ISO 1600+ due to my lens choices.

From these perspectives I'd assume that people are buying the faster glass. Might be a reason to draw a conclusion as to why they keep making the large fast lenses.