The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 7792
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7792

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

davidstock

Whoa. Please give me a reality check on this, but the camera seems improved quite a bit by this update. I notice faster startup time, faster preview (instant, even with RAW only), faster playback magnification and, I believe, different aperture behavior. "Setting effect off" focusses wide open with my 55 Zony and Batis 85. I Haven't tested other lenses yet. Also, I can use DMF easier with this setting, since manual focus is wide open. Do other folks concur?

The install took me about 17 minutes (OSX).

k-hawinkler

Thanks David.

I updated with macOS Sierra Version 10.12 beta (16A293a) and forgot to remove battery grip and memory card. It updated just fine to Ver. 3.30.
One improvement I noticed, now when I switch ON the camera it powers up and I can shoot a photo right away.

K-H.

Knorp

Thanks David.

I updated with macOS Sierra Version 10.12 beta (16A293a) and forgot to remove battery grip and memory card. It updated just fine to Ver. 3.30.
One improvement I noticed, now when I switch ON the camera it powers up and I can shoot a photo right away.

K-H.
Indeed, startup time is much improved !

bdp

Just updated and it doesn't play well tethered with C1 9.2.1

I get one shot off before it disconnects.

I'll test a bit more when I have time.

**Update: Changed the USB LUN Setting from Single to Multi, and so far so good.

**Update 2: Just shot 541 shots of kids tethered and it didn't miss a beat.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

So Bart, when using the Techart Pro adapter, putting the correct focal length into Exif, setting SteadyShot to ON, and SteadyShot Adjust. to Auto one gets AF, FL in Exit, and 5-axis IBIS, right? :thumbs:

ShooterSteve

Just did the update from 3.2 to 3.3. Took about ten minutes on my Macbook Pro OS 10.11.6 and everything seems to work fine so far. Tethered to C1Pro tested and worked as usual. I think it's fantastic that Sony seems to be very aggressive at updates.

drevil

Staff member
my time lapse app still stops before the memory card is full and before 990 images....hope there is an app update as well soon

jpaulmoore

Getting ready to do this firmware update. My first time with my Sony a7rii. Looking on the Sony website it shows not only the firmware update but updates for lenses, play memories app, etc. Do these other updates have to be uploaded separately or does the firmware update include these?
Thanks,
J. Paul