The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New FE 50/2.8 macro

Knorp

Seems to be in the same league as that 50/1.8 lens.
Let's wait for a guinea pig ...

:watch:

ggibson

Hmm, what makes you say in the same league as the 50/1.8? Just because it's not GM or Zeiss?

Nice to have a cheaper and smaller macro option in the system. I bet the APS-C shooters will like this one a lot as well.

V

Vivek

Seems to be in the same league as that 50/1.8 lens.
Let's wait for a guinea pig ...

:watch:
Going by the sample pictures attributed to "Sony team", quite fittingly, it produces crap.:thumbdown:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Anyone here in the forum , who already owns the lens and can share focussing experience ? ? ?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you Bart and Serhan for your hints to the reviews and special thanks for the chinese ones . :ROTFL:
I read some reviews before I posted my question here , especially the phillipreeve one , but could not find what I was looking for .
I had this lens available for a couple of hours but had big trouble to properly manual focus .
I am not interested in the AF function , as I think for real macro mode you must manual focus .
What interests me is MF for focus stacking .
I encountered three major issues (might be handling issues) , which I did not describe so far .
As obviously no user here has that lens and can pass on experience , I think I should not describe the found issues and confuse readers , but am ready to do so , if wanted .
I have given back the lens and am waiting for SONY's feedback .