The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fotojam 2016

pegelli

Last weekend I participated in the 2nd edition of "FotoJam", this is a challenge where you go into one of 15 cities (13 in the Netherlands and 2 in Belgium) and shoot pictures for 10 assignments.

Like last year I went into Antwerp and here's my 10 assignment results
(all A6000 with E28/2, E50/1.8 or E10-18)

1: Framed

2: Shadow

3: Coffee/tea

4: Contradiction

5: Exuberance

6: Rhythm

7: Panorama

8: Colour

9: History

10: Lines

You could submit 2 pictures for a contest (not all 10 like last year) and I have chosen 4 and 10. We'll see what the jury thinks of them.

seb

Well done! I like them all, and I especially love the subtle connection to the title in number 6: Visualisation of (audio-)waves and their effect on perception.
Thanks for sharing it, Seb.

takomaru

This was one of my (max 2 allowed) submissions for the jury.

It got short listed in the top 5 on that subject :angel:, tomorrow the winner will be announced :salute:
Great set Pegelli, and favorites vary, I for one like tho green tonal contrast range, with your composition.....BEST OF LUCK!!!
Regards, Takomaru

f6cvalkyrie

Beautiful series, Pieter !

I was not aware of this project, otherwise I might have participated ...
How did you learn about this ?

C U
Rafael

pegelli

Beautiful series, Pieter !

I was not aware of this project, otherwise I might have participated ...
How did you learn about this ?

C U
Rafael
Thanks Rafael, Some time a go I did a workshop night-photography with one of the organizations that is co-organizing this fotojam event. That's how I got on the mailing list and started participating. This was the second year, the first year. Here's their website: Home - FotoJam and they also have a public facebook page you can subscribe to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1434363480227248/?fref=ts. But it's mainly a Dutch organization, in 2015 Antwerp was the only Belgian City on the list, this year they added Brugge.

Last edited:

pegelli

This was one of my (max 2 allowed) submissions for the jury.

It got short listed in the top 5 on that subject :angel:, tomorrow the winner will be announced :salute:
This morning I heard my picture won the FIRST PRIZE in the category "Contradiction"
For all winners (there's some pretty good ones) see Einduitslag Fotojam2016 - FotoJam

I'm proud and happy, it's first time I win something in a photo competition :thumbs:

dbogdan

Last weekend I participated in the 2nd edition of "FotoJam", this is a challenge where you go into one of 15 cities (13 in the Netherlands and 2 in Belgium) and shoot pictures for 10 assignments.

Like last year I went into Antwerp and here's my 10 assignment results
(all A6000 with E28/2, E50/1.8 or E10-18)

1: Framed

2: Shadow

3: Coffee/tea

4: Contradiction

5: Exuberance

6: Rhythm

7: Panorama

8: Colour

9: History

10: Lines

You could submit 2 pictures for a contest (not all 10 like last year) and I have chosen 4 and 10. We'll see what the jury thinks of them.
Excellent work, Congratulations!
db