The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HCAM Dual Shift - HDS - New on Photokina 2016

Stefan Steib

HCAM Dual Shift - HDS to be seen on Photokina

Ladies and gentlemen - here is the first teaser for our new Dual shifter EOS to Emount, EOS M, Leica SL and FujiX (changeable) "Mini Viewcamera".
Driving precision engineering and finest german mechanical work to a new limit, we have done a full replacement for all architecture and viewcamera users.
The new HCAM Dual Shift - HDS. 2 x 15mm bidirectional horizontally and vertically, full parallaxfree rotational collar, interchangeable mounts available later this year.
Pricing is not yet final, but it will be in the 1200-1400 € range.

for all my customers who want to see this new product on Photokina in Köln this year, I will be on the fair for the full week 20.-26.09.2016 and I am available for demos, meetings, support, talks, questioning. Just call my mobile number +49 171 8190 488 when you are on the fair or make an appointment by email to [email protected]
The adapter will be on the Novoflex booth in Hall 2.1 Stand Nr. A40!*

Attachments

Stefan Steib

Sorry for double posting - I just wanted to replace the image with a little correction, suddenly I had a second thread.
How do I delete the first one ??? Admin ?

Looks great Stefan!

I have your Hcam Master and was thinking of adding a second Mirex Hasselblad - Eos tilt/shift adapter to give me dual shift...

Is this new adapter of yours essentially doing just that but incorporated into the one piece?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Steib

Looks great Stefan!

I have your Hcam Master and was thinking of adding a second Mirex Hasselblad - Eos tilt/shift adapter to give me dual shift...

Is this new adapter of yours essentially doing just that but incorporated into the one piece?

Thanks in advance!
The new adapter is doing exactly what you say: 2x the shift movements in one adapter PLUS being closer to the bajonett mount it allows to do this
with e.g. the 16-35mm or the 11-24mm ! And - it allows more and better movements than 2 combined adapter with an MF Lens, as the distance of the
last lens to the sensor (flange focal distance) is shorter - thus the adapter and the bajonett mount will vignette less !

It is nothing short than a shrunk mini viewcamera like Alpa,Arca, cambo.... for all mirrorless bodies, but much smaller, lighter,faster and cheaper !

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

dmward

At the moment I use Canon TSE with Metabones adapter.
My question about this adapter, which looks promising is how is the aperture changed on the lens?

Stefan Steib

You use it preset, which sounds more of anuisance than it actually is.
I have my lenses set to f11 (16-35 and 11-24) and leave them like this normally.
So no hassles at all.

Annna T

There is no tilt ? Only the dual shift ? Did I get that right ? It would be perfect for architecture. How much does it weight ?

Stefan Steib

There is no tilt ? Only the dual shift ? Did I get that right ? It would be perfect for architecture. How much does it weight ?
Actually I do not have a small scale at the moment, but it´s only a bit heavier than the HCam Master TS, less than 500gr to 400 gr. I guess.

Regards
Stefan

dmward

You use it preset, which sounds more of anuisance than it actually is.
I have my lenses set to f11 (16-35 and 11-24) and leave them like this normally.
So no hassles at all.
OK, thanks.
Not sure how to do that with my TSE lenses.
I guess it means mount them via metabones, set aperture then demount them for use on the HCAM.
I do tend to use them at the same aperture most times.
Since the only non Emount lenses I have are the TSE wides not sure what benefit I can expect from the HCAM.

Thanks again.

Annna T

OK, thanks.
Not sure how to do that with my TSE lenses.
I guess it means mount them via metabones, set aperture then demount them for use on the HCAM.
I do tend to use them at the same aperture most times.
Since the only non Emount lenses I have are the TSE wides not sure what benefit I can expect from the HCAM.

Thanks again.
You can shift in both directions at the same time and you get back shift instead of front shift. Still I'm not sure whether those improvements are wort the extra weight plus the extra cost. Also from what I remember, when using the non TSE wide angle zoom you can't get as much shift as with a TSE lens. And using a TSE lens together with the HCAM will make a rather heavy outfit.

V

Vivek

Why not throw in a cheap Chinese, sony to eos adapter to change the aperture settings?

Stefan Steib

Hi Vivek

there is zero space for contacts nor a cable from and to the contacts.
We have used aperture settings of Canon lenses since 2009 in our HCam B1, this is not a problem.
But in this case we really don´t need it. f11 is the best setting for both the 4/16-35mm as well as for the 11-24mm.
The Sony lifeview is doing focus with stopped down lenses perfectly, focus indication works very good and then go to 100% and get pinpoint sharpness.
No focus shift, fast and reliable.

Greetings from just back home from Photokina
Stefan