The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony A99 Very Slow Reviewing Images

rollsman44

When I take a picture and go to playback to review the image it comes up ok BUT when I try to Preview other images from there it takes so long to get to see the next image. Can it be the SD speed card causing the problem?
I shoot in Raw and Fine jpeg.*Thank you

The SD card is most likely the problem ... also try taking out the card you have in slot 2, as I've found the 2nd card can cause problems even if you're only using slot 1

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Since Raw and JPG creates a Fine JPG you might try just Raw and then just the standard JPG to see if the fine JPG is big enough to slow the
Preview down. You can preview more than a thumbnail ... with the AEL button in review ... then move to the pic you wish to preview ... not
sure if this will speed up the process for you.

Might also try reloading the factory defaults ... after you save your current settings to a custom choice
on a card if that is a choice.

Last ditch would be to re install firmware to see if it corrects what you are seeing.

Bob

rollsman44

Thank you Bob. I will try the Fine jpeg to a smaller size as I only use raw for PP. Then I will try the others. Thank you. Dennis