The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This looks very tempting....

Pradeep

I really do wish Sony comes up with an upgrade, trade in program. May be one has to pay a sum ($500-1000) as well as turning in the old/used camera.

I doubt they would. Phase One has such a system in place but even that is full of holes and biased in favor of the company.

Sony does have a reputation for charging a premium price for their new products. Expect the A7R3 to be no exception. It will still be snapped up I am sure.

Me, I am simply waiting for better AF and faster frame-rate, ala the A6500, although the latter is still not up to the same standard of AF with moving subjects as the Canon 1DX2 - which is my current wildlife and action camera - (have not been able to compare directly but from what I read).

I predict Sony will eventually get there, in their own roundabout way. How much it is going to cost us, that is the question.

thrice

A7 III at the start of Q2, new body design
A7RIII (or potentially other high end A9?) Start of Q4