The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapting Sony A7rII to Canon T/S 90mm F2.8 question

jdphoto

Can anyone recommend a good adapter for this combo or have experience with Nikon PCE 45mm or any tilt shift lens on the Sony A7rII. I don't want to go any wider then 45mm. Thank you.

Last edited:

mbroomfield

The Metabones or Sigma MC11 are 2 possible. I use both on various lenses, but the Metabones on my 17 and 24mm TSE with the A7R2. I've not used my 90mm TSE for a long time but would happily use it with either.

dmward

I've used all 4 Canon TSE lenses with both Metabones IV and Sigma MC11 over the last couple of months shooting an architectural project for a client.
Either adapter does a good job. If you don't have an adapter, think about the Metabones first because it has a means to mount an L bracket to the adapter. That's a benefit related to tripod shooting.
If you have or plan to get Sigma MC11 compatible lenses then get the Sigma.

Unfortunately there is no way for me to determine which adapter was used for which shot so I can't show a comparison.

jdphoto

Thanks for the great responses! I'm trying the Fotodiox with the Canon 90mm f.2.8 TSE. Being manual focus why spend the money on the Metabones T mk4? However, I did notice some flare in a lot of the photos, but also realized i wasn't using the hood. Perhaps I'll wrap the lens mount to look for light leaks or maybe the extra flocking in the Metabones T really does make a difference.

dmward

Thanks for the great responses! I'm trying the Fotodiox with the Canon 90mm f.2.8 TSE. Being manual focus why spend the money on the Metabones T mk4? However, I did notice some flare in a lot of the photos, but also realized i wasn't using the hood. Perhaps I'll wrap the lens mount to look for light leaks or maybe the extra flocking in the Metabones T really does make a difference.
I have a Fotodiox adapter as well. Haven't used it for awhile.
It seemed to work fine with the TSE lenses. I expect the flare may be light into the lens.

Best way to test for flare at the lens flange is bulb exposure and bright flashlight with lens cap on the lens.