The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good zoom in range of 50-100mm for A7RII ?

KenLee

I shoot almost all my photos in the range between 50 and 100m in full-frame terms. The wonderful new 24-70 lenses are a bit short for my shooting style. Can anyone recommend a zoom in the roughly 50-100mm range, appropriate for the A7RII ?

While we're on the subject, is there a 75mm prime lens (not 85mm) which would work nicely ?

It's OK if these lens are manual focus and/or require an adapter: I'm just looking for a lens of sufficient resolution and desired focal length.

Many thanks !

Last edited:

pegelli

member scho (and maybe others) uses the Sigma MC11 adapter + Sigma 24-105 A. Maybe you can ask him for some samples to see if it meets your expectations.

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I use a Canon 24-105/4L with a Metabones IV-T adapter, this is my most used lens. I also have a Contax 28-85/3.3-4 and a Contax 35-135/3.3-4.5 zoom that I mostly use for tilt work.

A lens I don't own but which is known to be good is the Sigma 70/2.8 macro.

Canon 24-105/L samples here: https://echophoto.smugmug.com/Technical/Canon-24-105-4L

Best regards
Erik

I shoot almost all my photos in the range between 50 and 100m in full-frame terms. The wonderful new 24-70 lenses are a bit short for my shooting style. Can anyone recommend a zoom in the roughly 50-100mm range, appropriate for the A7RII ?

While we're on the subject, is there a 75mm prime lens (not 85mm) which would work nicely ?

It's OK if these lens are manual focus and/or require an adapter: I'm just looking for a lens of sufficient resolution and desired focal length.

Many thanks !