The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please recommend a manual Nikon-A7RII adapter

KenLee

My adapter for Nikon to Sony A7RII was delightfully inexpensive, but it leaks.

Can anyone recommend a good brand ? I don't need auto-focus or auto-aperture: I just want to use some of my old Nikon manual focus lenses.

Thanks !

KenLee

I bought it 5 years ago on eBay, from China, for a very low price. It has no markings other than NI G - NEX. The lack of markings may indicate the nature of the business which made it.

It worked fine when I first got it, but over time it became stiff. I now have to work hard to remove the lens: perhaps my efforts weakened the seal. Now it's destined for the recycle bin.

V

Vivek

Also, consider the fact that your A7R II has a real metal mount unlike the plastic mounts of the NEX'. :bugeyes:

KenLee

The part which failed, receives the Nikon lens. The part which goes into the camera is OK.

The adapter has a button which releases a locking pin. Stray light now leaks in, around that button. I guess whatever it is around that button, eventually failed.

V

Vivek

The adapter has a button which releases a locking pin. Stray light now leaks in, around that button.
If you have an old 620/120/220 roll film, the paper behind it could be used as flocking material to light proof the adapter. If that fails, you can always pick up another Chinese adapter for a reasonable price. It is a criminal waste to spend hundreds on a Novoflex (especially a dumb adapter), IMO.

Shac

Ken - I've had various makes including the Novoflex, but these days I use K&F Concept Professional adapters (Amazon) - the Nikon one is for non-G lenses, but a side benefit is that the Novoflex tripod adapter fits it perfectly

KenLee

I've had good success with the Fotodiox adapters. Some have a built 10 stop ND. too.
Thank you. I got a Photodiox adapter: just the plain version with no filter but it works nicely and is much better made than the budget adapter it replaces.

I already have a Photodiox adapter for my Leica screw-mount Voigtlander lens: it's great.