The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A6500 ibis: how many stops?

f64

Apologies if this was already discussed. How many stops is the advantage of ibis? Some say 5 (which is huge) or 2 (which is nice but not great). What's your experience?

V

Vivek

AFAIK, none of the active posters here have one. So, at best, you will only get guessed replies.

As you probably are aware Sony's FF A7 is nearly half the price of this crop cam.

I have no idea why this camera exists and for such a high price! :confused:

f64

AFAIK, none of the active posters here have one. So, at best, you will only get guessed replies.

As you probably are aware Sony's FF A7 is nearly half the price of this crop cam.

I have no idea why this camera exists and for such a high price! :confused:
I have an A7, but I am partial to crop cams for a number of obvious reasons (weight, primarily). I am also using a Nex 6 (I started with the very first Nex 5) and it's no slouch, just different. So if I can get the same iq (as it would seem from comments) in a smaller form factor, I do not find that a silly proposition.

At any rate, any comments on the ibis of the A7ii?

V

Vivek

I still use NEX-5N (monochrome and IR) and am not against crop cams. It is just the price differential of the 6500 that baffles me.

The full 5 stops in a sony cam is realized by using a cam with IBIS plus OSS. That is what i read.

f64

Yes, I absolutely agree. As a matter of fact, I am considering the 6300. But I was wondering what I was losing.