The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony parts/prices?

V

Vivek

Out of curiosity, what are the parts prices for sony cams? Anyone has links?

There was a recent listing claiming the mainboard for the A7R II is €180/-. Another claimed the shutter unit also about the same price.

Aliexpress has the A7R II sensor for ~€350.

V

Vivek

Ha, I looked at my own post and it does sound like that, eh? I am genuinely interested (just out of curiosity) if anyone has more info on this with links if available.

One could argue that with the useless, farmed out, Sony service, this is, in fact, essential to be a sony user. :facesmack:

seb

you can buy a set for around 2200$ now. Maybe you can make a business out of it. :shocked:

I don't know if I would ever trust a non-sony company selling me parts. What is your thought behind?

V

Vivek

Que?

I am talking about Sony parts, made by Sony.

Try a sony "authorized" service. In most places they are also official Canon (among others) service center.

Last edited:

thrice

If you have any electronic or optical service background you could service Sony cameras. They are very neatly assembled. Not Leica neat, but neater than most Japanese companies.

In terms of optical collimation and repair, I reckon Sony just throw faulty lenses in landfill and replace. That is, after blaming and fighting the customer for a while.

Could be a very tidy side business performing Sony repairs cheaper than the competition for Cameras/Lenses Sony believe are outside warranty.

seb

Sorry, my English... I'll try to explain a few things of my reply...

"a set of parts for around 2200$": You can buy the a7RII for 2200$. Well at the moment it's around 2500$.

"trust a non-sony company selling me parts": Let's say I see a a7RII-sensor for 380$ in the internet. How can I trust this is a new sensor without any flaws?

(not very serious) conclusion: Why not buy a new one, take the part you want and sell the rest?

Que?

I am talking about Sony parts, made by Sony.

Try a sony "authorized" service. In most places they are also official Canon (among others) service center.

V

Vivek

Seb, Give it a rest. It makes no sense.

Dan, Yes. I have replaced components, in several Sony cams. Just a few parts.

V

Vivek

This could be more valuable than i thought! It is with the pre star eater FW! :thumbs: