The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yongnuo and metabones?

Rawfa

Does anyone know if the Yongnuo lenses for Canon work properly with the metabones and Sony's PDAF? They have a 35mm f2, a 50mm 1.8, an 85mm 1.8 and a 100mm f2.

iiiNelson

Does anyone know if the Yongnuo lenses for Canon work properly with the metabones and Sony's PDAF? They have a 35mm f2, a 50mm 1.8, an 85mm 1.8 and a 100mm f2.
No idea but I believe that some have reported that for non supported lenses using EF lenses that only focal length (but not lens corrections) are embedded into metadata.

I have zero experience with anything Yongnuo and I agree with the idea that maybe they'd be better served on Canon bodies. Even the higher quality AF adapters like the Sigma MC-11 and Metabones give inferior performance to native lenses even with supported lenses.

Rawfa

It would make sense to buy/use a Canon body to go with them..
Not for me.

Anyone? My experience with canon lenses on my a7ii with the metabones adapter has been very good so far. I also shoot a lot o video and I was thinking of getting a second sony camera with less expensive lenses