The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SONY A7R III rumor

jdphoto

Was that $2500 for a grey market because if so it's normal to see grey market in the $2-2500 range. Never saw a new A7RII advertised with proper warranty for less than $2700 (which is about what I paid for mine a little over a year ago).
Yeah, you're probably right, but regardless, there now going for $2700.

V

Vivek

The rumor site renewed an old rumor on the R III. Available in a few months time with lots of pixels.

k-hawinkler

The rumor site renewed an old rumor on the R III. Available in a few months time with lots of pixels.
So Vivek, as Sony in the A9 can handle

24MP @20fps with silent shutter speed of 1/150s

it should be able to also handle in a future camera:

48MP @10fps with silent shutter speed of 1/75s
96MP @ 5fps with silent shutter speed of 1/37.5s

or something in that neighborhood, no? :facesmack:

What would be your preference? :salute:

V

Vivek

€1800 is my new bottom line. Whether it is the "old" A7R II or anything new.

I am all for new stuff but allow me to buy things at my own price tags. :salute:

msadat

so we know there will be battery change and grip change to be same as a9, whatelese?

It will be interesting wether there will be an A7R-III ... or will it be an A9R next? A higher meg version with a lot of the A9's new technology?

IMO, anything they bring next will be relatively expensive compared to the current price of the A7R-II ... (the 24 meg A9 is 2x the current price of the A7R-II).

- Marc

iiiNelson

so we know there will be battery change and grip change to be same as a9, whatelese?
Maybe... I wonder if the Z batteries will be standard across the board or reserved for the top end cameras. I don't know what production numbers will look like or if they can produce them quickly unless they're sticking up now in the 4-6 months before the next camera update.